Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JDS: I can beat both Klitschkos in boxing

Keep in mind glove size and it's effect on Jds' power/speed/accuracy. Those bigger gloves move slower and are way easier to block so your accuracy becomes far more important. I just don't see a pro boxing match against a top boxer going well for any mma fighter. Conversely, mma guys will continue to crush boxers in mma bouts.

Plus, Jds' head is a fucking punching bag in the standup for a good combination puncher....ask Cain.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 10-15-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Yaaaaaaawn.

That's just ludicrous. If there was any possibility, he would be a fool not to be boxing for the mega-million dollar paydays.......

I have no problem with guys like JDS or Jon Jones wanting to box with the HW kings. If they wanna go ahead and test themselves in the boxing realm, go for it.

But they both talk like they are just gonna walk right into a HW title shot against Vitali/Wlad. Does anyone know if JDS or Jones have any amateur boxing bouts under their belt? Cause I dont see them getting a shot against the boxing champs without a boxing record. It would be insanely idiotic to go walk into a boxing matchup with with the 2 best HW boxers without having any boxing experience.

Should any of them pursue a boxing career (and I'm sure their motivation is for monetary reasons), they gotta know they need to first spend a few years on the amateur circuit, before the professional fights come along. By the time either makes it the title shot, I think both Klitchcho brothers would be retired by then.

That's a rather silly and immature thing to say. Based on his response to getting clobbered by one big shot from Cain, I don't think he would fair well in a boxing match with either of the Klitschko's.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Well shit, I'd really like to see how he'd do.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    Well shit, I'd really like to see how he'd do.
    Wouldn't be long before he's looking up at the lights.

Plus, Jds' head is a fucking punching bag in the standup for a good combination puncher....ask Cain.
    JDS got tagged so many times because he was worried about the takedown all the time so he was keeping his hands very low.
    It like in Overeem-Werdum fight. Werdum landed a lot of shots because Roids was constantly thinking about not getting taken down.

In a pure boxing fight, JDS would absolutely destroy Cain.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    JDS got tagged so many times because he was worried about the takedown all the time so he was keeping his hands very low.
    It like in Overeem-Werdum fight. Werdum landed a lot of shots because Roids was constantly thinking about not getting taken down.

In a pure boxing fight, JDS would absolutely destroy Cain.
    So it had nothing to do with JDS being a bit too overconfident in that first round? Cain tried the takedowns for the first minute of the fight, but after that he was just striking with JDS. He was also coming at JDS quite aggressively, punching whatever opening JDS left open for him. I'd also like to add why was JDS so worried about getting taken down when he claimed to be confident in his ability to get back up or use his BJJ if needed?

I'm not saying Cain is a better boxer, but JDS DOES come off as VERY cocky about his boxing skills, which by boxing standards are lacking proper technique and footwork. Someone with good boxing skills would have not let themselves get punched by a overhand right that Cain threw.

Jose Aldo is a striker but he never seems to be worried about getting taken down. He doesnt keep his hands low nor does he not use his leg kicks. He strikes how he wants to fight without any fear of being taken down because of his good takedown defense.

Translation from Portuguese to English: "Please buy the third fight of my trilogy with Cain next weekend."

Thread Information