Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JDS: I can beat both Klitschkos in boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    JDS got tagged so many times because he was worried about the takedown all the time so he was keeping his hands very low.
    It like in Overeem-Werdum fight. Werdum landed a lot of shots because Roids was constantly thinking about not getting taken down.

In a pure boxing fight, JDS would absolutely destroy Cain.
    He got tagged because his head movement is shit and he doesn't bring his hands back to defense after throwing a shot.

Watch his form and then get back to me.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He got tagged because his head movement is shit and he doesn't bring his hands back to defense after throwing a shot.

Watch his form and then get back to me.
    If his defense is so crappy explain me how is that someone like Mark Hunt could not outstrike him?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

If his defense is so crappy explain me how is that someone like Mark Hunt could not outstrike him?
    I think between all the opponents Mark Hunt faced prior to JDS, they were all slow and lacked the skills JDS possessed. Mark Hunt also gives up A LOT of size in every fight of his. JDS, Struve, Kongo, Rothwell were all significantly lengthier than him, but JDS had better footwork than any of them.

Nobody is arguing that JDS is a horrible boxer. He is good for a HW, fighting in MMA, against other MMA HW who lack even more technique than he does.

I thought Mark Hunt would make JDS pay for striking with him but after the first round, and seeing how JDS was fighting intelligently, like Jon Jones does, using his footwork and reach, I became very pessimistic about Hunt's chances for winning the fight.

JDS would not have a size, reach advantage for Vitali/Wlad. And given that he gets away with flawed technique and footwork due to fighting in a pool of HW fighters in MMA, who lack boxing skills more than he does, he wouldnt fare so well with a lot of HW boxers, not just Vitali/Wlad.

i have one word for this...NO

The one thing i take from this is the confidence of this dude.

Dangerous for who?

Have you actually watched JDS or Hunt and broken down their striking?

Hunt swings wide and relies heavily on his ability to eat shots until he gets into range to throw hooks and those are usually one and maybe two at a time. If Hunt was a savvy counter-puncher, he would have been able to crack JDS repeatedly over the top of that jab. Further, Hunt's hand and foot speed are nowhere near JDS's and it showed time and time again.

I think you have something confused here because you're a fan. I'm not saying he's not a great fighter. I'm not saying he hasn't beaten some great fighters. I'm simply saying he has some glaring technical holes that are huge if he were to enter into a strictly striking competition whether it be boxing or kickboxing.

Eventually, throwing that lead hook to the body or throwing the uppercut from the back leg from a step out will catch up with you; ask Chuck Liddell.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information