Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor apologizes to Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate after offensive tweet

Default Conor McGregor apologizes to Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate after offensive tweet

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...ffensive-tweet

McGregor, currently on the mend following a knee surgery, often fills his time with Twitter-based Q&A sessions with fans. The questions range from training/fighting to shopping to life ambitions to his favorite ring girl (the Irishman is partial to Carly Baker, by the way). The tone is rarely serious.

But when one fan asked him, sexually, whether he prefers Rousey or Tate, McGregor responded, "One riidin d--k, one lickin ma toessssss." It's a line from Dr. Dre's "Let's Get High," though not everyone seemed to get the reference.

McGregor subsequently deleted the tweet and issued an apology.

He wrote: "I would like to personally apologize to both Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate. This morning I quoted a song on Twitter in an attempt to make a joke, which I now I see was totally unacceptable and offensive. I have infinite respect for Miesha and Ronda as individuals and as athletes. I have always been a big fan of women's MMA and the incredible talented athletes that compete in the sport. I regret making this offensive comment and I sincerely apologize to anyone whom I offended, but especially Ronda and Miesha."

It's probably a safe bet that his management team or the UFC helped craft the apology. But at least from one of the female fighting notables, there were no hard feelings.

As Tate tweeted in response to McGregor: "its all good, appreciate the apology but I knew you were just joking!"

Haha bos man Dana came down with the bang stick.

A follow up question would have been which one was lickin toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Man the mouth on that guy. He needs to dial it back a little. He is getting too big for his britches.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

"When Im loving these hoes, aint no love involved"

WTF? Dont ever apologize for a Dr. Dre quote; if anybody has a problem with it, you just slap that bitch like Dee Barnes.

So pathetic how often fighters have to make a fake apology because they are so afraid that UFC will cut them.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    So pathetic how often fighters have to make a fake apology because they are so afraid that UFC will cut them.
    So true.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Might have more to do with him sobering up later on and realizing that was probably a dumb thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Might have more to do with him sobering up later on and realizing that was probably a dumb thing to say
    Yeah sure, and you also believe that Matt Mitrione genuinely changed his opinion about Fallon Fox in a matter of 3-4 days?

It has happened many times. A fighter writes some controversial thing on Twitter and then they got suspended or cut by the UFC. So now they apologize before the UFC punish them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah sure, and you also believe that Matt Mitrione genuinely changed his opinion about Fallon Fox in a matter of 3-4 days?

It has happened many times. A fighter writes some controversial thing on Twitter and then they got suspended or cut by the UFC. So now they apologize before the UFC punish them.

Difference between the two was the timeframes and that Connor seems to be the drinker/party type of guy.

Not really a conspiracy theory anyways anyone with half a brain would know they need to apologize after saying something like that.

Thread Information