+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilbert Melendez: Nick Diaz would end retirement for 'the right opportunity'

Nick Diaz vs. Michael Bisping? 'I love that fight,' UFC boss says
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...-ufc-boss-says

Bisping would be happy to welcome Nick Diaz to 185
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...k-Diaz-to-185/

Steph Daniels caught with UFC middleweight Michael Bisping to talk about the tweet he made after learning that Diaz would "end his retirement for the right opportunity," and about his potential return to MMA next year following rehab for eye surgery.

"I didn't really mean any disrespect to him," said Bisping. "But I heard a rumor off a couple people that he said that he was interested in fighting me, and I know he was talking about maybe coming up to middleweight. He was also talking about retirement; the guy is pretty crazy so you never know what's true and what's not.

"A reporter... said that a fight with Michael Bisping might interest him, so I just tweeted that if he wanted to come up to 185, I'd quite happily welcome him to the division."

"It's still going to be a little time before I'm sparring or anything like that, and that's just because I want to take it really easy. Last week the doctors cleared me to get back in the gym, so I can keep myself in shape."

"I won't be able to get back to active MMA training until after Christmas. I'm working on trying to pack on some extra muscle right now. I'm just following the doctor's orders because I don't want to be in the same position again. I'm just taking it nice and easy, but hopefully at the beginning of the new year, I can book a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    I'd love to see him kick Bisping's ass.. Diaz can still be a top P4P fighter like he was when he came to the UFC IMO.
    It's a fun fight but I doubt he beats Bisping.

Bisping is hated but his all around skill is underrated by everyone but him. I think his work rate would give Diaz a ton of trouble.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Dana White: Everything I hear from Nick Diaz is that he doesn't want to fight
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...-want-to-fight

I think a fight with Bisping would be great. I would actually be rooting for Diaz in that one, but I think Bisping would get the win. Bisping has good takedowns and I really think his GnP is one of his best attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    that being said, I'd let him fight Bisping, in that I don't think either fighter deserves a legitimate, hard-ranked top 10 opponent right now.

rh
    Disregarding Diaz: Bisping just beat one in Belcher. Why would a top 10 MW not deserve another top 10 MW? That's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Nick Diaz vs. Michael Bisping? 'I love that fight,' UFC boss says
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...-ufc-boss-says
    Of course White does from a hype and shit-talking perspective.

Belcher / Diaz would be beyond fun and due to Rory and GSP not fighting it only makes sense that Nick be another notch on his belt.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

10. Default

I'd say the fight would be a great draw. Origenally I would think Mike would ekk out a dec, but with a long layoff and Diaz always in great shape I'd lean towards daiz. Hopefully it happens two fighters who think there title contender should fight each other and leave real contenders alone.lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information