Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UFC 166's Diego Sanchez on champ Anthony Pettis: 'My style beats his style'

Diego hasn't looked good at LW in a heckuva long time and for me, Gilbert on Saturday night should be able to pick at Diego's bones piece by piece, if Diego simply comes walking into punches with that haphazard gameplan he's seemingly had for the past few years. I don't even want to think of the damage Diego would incur in one round with Pettis.

I'm a big Diego fan but no. His striking is no where near where it needs to be to get a td on Pettis. He has conditioning true but other than that & heart I just do not see it. He is half the fighter Bendo is so just no. I would love to be proven wrong though.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

MMAnews Forum Poster IceCold48 on chump Diego Sanchez: His style is not better, pettis would wreck him.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    MMAnews Forum Poster IceCold48 on chump Diego Sanchez: His style is not better, pettis would wreck him.
    Diego is far from a chump in regards to MMA but he will be not be champion. His one chance was against BJ and he didn't do enough to pressure him and in turn lost his only chance. If this were years ago Diego could give Pettis fits, for that matter even current Diego could give guys a headache due to his cardio and tenacity alone but he will likely not get passed Gil and would not beat Pettis, though I would love to see both things occur.
    Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Diego is far from a chump in regards to MMA but he will be not be champion. His one chance was against BJ and he didn't do enough to pressure him and in turn lost his only chance. If this were years ago Diego could give Pettis fits, for that matter even current Diego could give guys a headache due to his cardio and tenacity alone but he will likely not get passed Gil and would not beat Pettis, though I would love to see both things occur.
    i just said chump because hes not champ and i was re wording the title. he also has never truly backed his talked his his ass kicked in his only title fight, winning a couple bad decisions and losing to guys such as john hathaway after saying he wants a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    i just said chump because hes not champ and i was re wording the title. he also has never truly backed his talked his his ass kicked in his only title fight, winning a couple bad decisions and losing to guys such as john hathaway after saying he wants a title shot.
    I get why you said what you said, I was just providing my opinion that he is not a chump.
    Apocalypse

shouldnt diego worry about making weight this fight...?

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Anthony Pettis would destroy Diego. But we will never see that because Melendez will destroy him tomorrow.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information