Thread: Rafael dos Anjos calls out TJ Grant, hopes for fight in early 2014

Hybrid View

Default Rafael dos Anjos calls out TJ Grant, hopes for fight in early 2014

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/1...014-in-the-ufc

"One more win and I should fight for the title," dos Anjos told MMAFighting.com. "I won my last five fights. Iím in the UFC for five years, so I deserve a shot at the title after my next win."

Grant is still recovering from a concussion, which first caused him to pull out of an Aug. 31 title shot against then-champion Ben Henderson, then forced him out of a Dec. 14 bout with new champion Anthony Pettis. Dos Anjos thinks he already lost the right to fight for the title.

"T.J. had two title shots and got injured twice," he said. "I think itís too little for him now, I believe it would be fair if he has to do another fight first, and a fight against me makes sense. It would be a good fight, and I would be one step closer to the title.

"I had some little injures to heal so I didnít train too much recently," he continued. "Iím training harder now, but they didnít say anything about my next fight yet. I believe my next fight will be between January and February."

If dos Anjosí plans works as he expects, he would get a shot at the gold against the winner of Anthony Pettis vs. Josh Thomson, who meet at UFC on FOX 9.

"I donít know much about Josh Thomson, but Anthony Pettis is the favorite," he said. "Heís younger, is doing great in his last fights. Iíd bet on Pettis."

I’m in the UFC for five years, so I deserve a shot at the title after my next win."
    Saying you deserve a title shot because you've been in the UFC for a while. That's called a Bisping.

But Dos Anjos and Grant does make sense. Should be a good scrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information