Thread: UFC 'talking about' Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas for UFC 169 in New Jersey

Default UFC 'talking about' Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas for UFC 169 in New Jersey

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...r-bowl-weekend

It's far from a lock, but Ricardo Lamas could finally get his shot at the UFC featherweight title in February.

UFC President Dana White today said the organization is "talking about" booking champion Jose Aldo (23-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) vs. Lamas (13-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) for its Super Bowl weekend card on Feb. 1.

"We're talking about that at Super Bowl weekend, but it's not done yet," he said. "We're talking about it, but we talk about a lot of things."

Unlike past years, the UFC's annual Super Bowl card won't take place in Las Vegas. Instead, the pay-per-view event is slated for Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Aldo vs. Lamas would give the card a title shot. Initially, it was slated to feature light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (19-1 MMA, 13-1 UFC) vs. Glover Teixeira (22-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC), but with the champ not expecting to be fully ready to go by then, officials ultimately nixed it and now expect it to take place in March or April.

Aldo is ranked No. 1 and Lamas No. 3 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA featherweight rankings.

Cool, I'm down for it. It's been too long since Lamas has fought so I'm happy just to see him for a fight.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Fuck yeah. Definitely happy that Lamas will get a shot at Aldo.

Whats there to talk about? He's obviously the #1 contender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Whats there to talk about? He's obviously the #1 contender
    Come on Kevo... Since when has the #1 contender status guaranteed you a title shot?

Thread Information