Thread: Luke Rockhold and Francis Carmont interested in UFC 168 showdown

Default Luke Rockhold and Francis Carmont interested in UFC 168 showdown

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...c-168-showdown

While Luke Rockhold was forced to withdraw from Saturday's UFC 166 event due to an injury, the former Strikeforce champion is nearly healthy and is gunning for a fight with Francis Carmont before year's end.

According to a report on Wednesday's edition of FOX Sports 1's "UFC Tonight," Rockhold (10-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) expects his injured knee to be cleared for training in approximately two weeks in hopes of having a fight scheduled at UFC 168 on Dec. 28.

The 29-year-old's was unable to meet Tim Boetsch in Houston, but the ideal opponent for his return to the cage for the year-end pay-per-view event is none other than Carmont (22-7 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

If that fails, though, the American Kickboxing Academy product also reportedly is interested in a matchup with Constantinos Philippou (12-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC).

Even though UFC officials have yet to officially comment on what's next for either fighter, there seems to be mutual interest in the potential fight. "Limitless" took to social media to respond to Rockhold's request.

"Luke Rockhold wants to fight me," Carmont wrote on his official Twitter account. "He is the champion of Strikeforce, I'm ready, let's go."

Rockhold then issued a response, taking a shot Carmont's teammate, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, and his recent fashion choice: "lets make a deal. If I beat you, GSP can never wear that little camo hat again?"

2. Default

I want to see Luke preform to his fullest. The Vitor fight didn't show me much. I;d like to see if he is a real contender.

Carmont is not a fighter I'm interested in seeing fight again anytime soon, but Rockhold usually brings a really slick pace and fun style.

Rockhold is one of the most overrated guys around. I think Carmont will score the "upset" here. Probably won't be in exciting fashion, though.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Thread Information