Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana: "The Klitschkos are an embarrassment to the sport of boxing"

Default Dana: "The Klitschkos are an embarrassment to the sport of boxing"

"The Klitschko fucking fight was the most disgusting, embarrassing thing. The fact that he got paid $17 million for that fight. The first fucking punch he threw, they stand in the center of the ring, the bell rings, he throws a punch and holds him. He did it the whole fight; he should have been disqualified for that. Then, in the twelfth round, he didn't throw any punches. That's all he did the whole round (hold). That's the heavyweight champion of the fucking world. Normally, in boxing, the heavyweights, like when Tyson was in there, heavyweight matches were exciting. Who the...I don't know who wants to watch that shit. I watched it and it's literally embarrassing. It's fucking embarrassing. Those guys are an embarrassment to the sport of boxing. Vitali's the exciting one, right? I don't even, I've watched few of their fights and I get sick when I watch their fights."

"When that's your heavyweight champion, the heavyweight division is lost. I saw the Klitschko brothers in L.A one time. They are fucking monsters. They are huge. But, how are you going to fight a guy that doesn't want to fight? That guy doesn't want to fight, he wants to grab you from your head and lay on you. It's embarrassing, it's fucking disgusting. I can't believe they found someone to pay this guy $17 million dollars, it's embarrassing."
    Dana White went full retard once again!

Indeed the fight with Povetkin was awful, but it looks that Dana has not seen his other fights.
    The Klitschkos may not be the most exciting fighters to watch, but they are not at all a disgrace to anything. They are extremely dominant and they have plenty of KO wins.
    They are very intelligent fighters with an amazing feeling of timing. It is not that they throw 6 punch combos. They basically just throw jabs and crosses and ocasionally some uppercut. That is all they throw, but they do it with a such amazing timing, that those basic punches is all what they need to beat everybody.

By Dana's logic, GSP is also an absolute disgrace to the sport of MMA.

IMO he is just jealous because of the amount of money Klistchko got.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Could you really expect Dana to say anything different about boxing; and following JDS stating he'd beat the Klitschkos you have to know Dana is going to put them down. I just don't get the point of the argument, as stated by Dana. His dissatisfaction with the fight won't bring new fans to MMA and won't pull fans away from boxing. The matches are going to speak for themselves.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

One thing is to be a promoter and saying good things about your business and bad things about other business, but there should be limits.
    He may simply say that he is not a fan of Klitschko's style and that he did not liked at all his last fight. Instead he basically said that the Klitschkos are bums, are a disgrace etc. etc.

Semmy Schilt must also be a fucking disgrace to kickboxing because technically he was not the best fighter at all, and he was not the most exciting fighter at all, but he knew very well how to use his insane size.

One thing is to not be a fan of someone, another thing is to call them "a disgrace".

What would be Dana's reaction if some boxing promoter told that GSP is a fucking disgrace to MMA because he simply lays and controls his opponents, that he is so fucking boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    What would be Dana's reaction if some boxing promoter told that GSP is a fucking disgrace to MMA because he simply lays and controls his opponents, that he is so fucking boring?
    Why would he need a boxing promoter to say what the average person is already saying?

GSP is great at what he does, which is boring the hell out of everyone.
    "I’m the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you don’t is better yet. I’m the women’s pick, I’m the men’s regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet." - Chael Sonnen

"The only thing I'd bet against Chael Sonnen about is whether or not he's clean." - LoRd pYrO

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    One thing is to be a promoter and saying good things about your business and bad things about other business, but there should be limits.
    He may simply say that he is not a fan of Klitschko's style and that he did not liked at all his last fight. Instead he basically said that the Klitschkos are bums, are a disgrace etc. etc.

Semmy Schilt must also be a fucking disgrace to kickboxing because technically he was not the best fighter at all, and he was not the most exciting fighter at all, but he knew very well how to use his insane size.

One thing is to not be a fan of someone, another thing is to call them "a disgrace".

He said they were an embarrassment to the sport, not bums or a disgrace. Depending on who you ask, it could mean the same thing or not.

Dana isnt saying what many fans of boxing and analysts have said about the fight. It was truly HORRENDOUS to see that kind of performance. ESPN analysts said some of the same thing, although not as colorful as Dana did.

The Klitschkos are very good boxers. Both brothers are easily ranked 1 and 2 while the rest of the division should not be in the top 10 with them. It's that much of skill gap between those 2 and everyone else. But when you are that dominating, and have the skills to overwhelm anyone, but all you end up doing is winning a one sided match by dragging out the fight longer than it should be, somebody has to question it.

I dont know how much of a crowd both brothers attract, but they certainly make a lot of money and they dont quite attract a buzz for the HW division. Far be it for anyone to question their approach to a boxing match as long as they are winning, but neither one is really putting the HW division on the map the way Mike Tyson did when he was in a similar position (fighting guys completely out of his league).

I dont agree with HOW Dana said all this about the Klitschkos brothers, but WHAT he said isnt really shocking, or retarded, considering many people share his sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Didnt you start this thread by calling Dana a retard? Think thats better or worse then calling someone a disgrace?
    He doesn't always post links......

But when he does, it has to be about Dana White so he can continue to remind us how much he loves uncle DFW

I called him a retard because of his retarded comments about the Klitschkos, not because I think that he makes dumb decisions as the UFC president.

He said they were an embarrassment to the sport, not bums or a disgrace
    Yeah and to call them an embarrasment is much better than calling them a disgrace?

Dana isnt saying what many fans of boxing and analysts have said about the fight. It was truly HORRENDOUS to see that kind of performance
    We all know that the performance was terrible. But one thing is to call that fight an embarrasment, and another one is to call Klitschko an embarrasment. As if all of his fights are like that.

The Klitschkos are very good boxers. Both brothers are easily ranked 1 and 2 while the rest of the division should not be in the top 10 with them. It's that much of skill gap between those 2 and everyone else. But when you are that dominating, and have the skills to overwhelm anyone, but all you end up doing is winning a one sided match by dragging out the fight longer than it should be, somebody has to question it.
    First of all, Povetkin in paper promised to be the most dangerous fight for Wlad in a very very long time.
    Secondly, even if Klitschkos are much better than their competition, it is not that they are fighting amateurs so they can easily finish them whenever they want. They anyway have KOd most of their opponents.
    I agree that the Povetkin fight was awful, but as I said, one fight like that is not reason to call someone an embarrasment, specially when that someone has had over 60 bouts and is the most dominant HW in boxing history.

I dont know how much of a crowd both brothers attract, but they certainly make a lot of money and they dont quite attract a buzz for the HW division.
    They get that money because they do all the talk in the ring, they beat everybody, they are extremely dominant champions and that is why they get that money.
    I am actually glad when people get money because they do very well what they are supposed to do (in this case, boxing), and not because they are B level fighters but happen to be good trash talkers.

but neither one is really putting the HW division on the map the way Mike Tyson did when he was in a similar position
    Mike Tyson was a whole different person. You can not expect a Klitschko to do something only because Tyson did it.
    Tyson first of all was a really crazy and insane person, and secondly he had a very different boxing style.

I dont agree with HOW Dana said all this about the Klitschkos brothers, but WHAT he said isnt really shocking, or retarded, considering many people share his sentiments.
    I am sorry but if many people think that Klitschkos are an embarrasment for boxing, then as Dana White, they are retards full of shit.
    People know that Klistchkos have a very personal style that is not exciting or flashy, Klistchko's bouts are not fireworks and everybody knows that.
    But one thing is to consider Klitschkos "Boring fighters" and a very different one is to consider them an embarrasment for the sport only because they do not fight the way some fans want.

Mike Tyson himself is way more an embarrasment for boxing and for sports in general than Klistchkos. I bet you that Klistchkos will never bite off an ear of an opponent.

Klitschkos are extremely educated and intelligent people, and only because of one very bad fight and because they do not have a flashy style it suddenly means that they are an embarrasment for the sport???

But when he does, it has to be about Dana White so he can continue to remind us how much he loves uncle DFW
    It is not my fault that beloved uncle DFW say such idiotic things.

He's right. They are boring.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    He's right. They are boring.
    I find all boxing boring in my old age.

Thread Information