Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 166: Velasquez vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread

1. Default

I got the Amish Court McGee.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Absolutely insane. Incredible. What an exciting fight.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Diego is slurring pretty badly man.
    That was an awesome fight but for real, I'm really afraid he's going to be "one of those guys".

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    30-27? really?
    No shit. I had money on Diego at +500 and I was REALLY convinced there was a chance of a 29-28

Best night of fights in a long time and should only get better with the main and co main events... Well maybe main event, hard to say what Roy and Daniel will turn out like entertainment wise.

That shoulda been a straight up 29-28 for Melendez or a draw. But holy shit Diego has got a pretty bad concussion if he's slurring and repeating himself that bad.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

7. Default

Dang that was a HUGE back of the head shot that dropped him
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

If there was any chance of Diego or Melendez lasting in the game til 40 it's fuckin' gone now. They'll both not last to 35 if they have 1 more fight like that.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

TJ got fucked up in this fight, didnt notice it earlier but apparently TJ was carried out unconscious and brought to the hospital. Good news is he is responsive and alert.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ive-and-alert/
    Underdog TJ Waldburger fought Russian Adlan Amagov on the prelim card at UFC 166, and suffered a knockout. Waldburger took two hard shot after he was incapable of defending himself, prompting UFC president Dana White to tweet a blunt assessment of referee Jay Stafin - "That ref sucks!!!!!"

GIF via Zombie Prophet on Twitter (@ZProphet_MMA)

Waldburger remained unconscious on the mat, was fitted with a cervical collar by medical personnel, and transported to the hospital for observation.

In positive news, a UFC official told MMAjunkie.com that Waldburger was "responsive and ale

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    TJ got fucked up in this fight, didnt notice it earlier but apparently TJ was carried out unconscious and brought to the hospital. Good news is he is responsive and alert.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ive-and-alert/

I think that Russian guy should have noticed he was out, but that's the thing with these guys with the testosterone being so high they can't control themselves.. The ref definitely should have stepped in, in a more effective way.. the way he went in to stop it he allowed Amagov to land a very late and savage punch... And last, Joe Silva should have not made such a fight because clearly Amagov was levels above TJ in terms of stand up. I was watching it live earlier and the whole time i was just thinking oh wat a mismatch, joe silva probably thought the home state crowd would help him some..

Thread Information