Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 166: Velasquez vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread

Cain is a beast. And all the respect to JDS.

Great night of fights.

2. Default

JDS got lucky, KO'd him with a behind the ear shot which we ALL know what happens.

Cain comes back and DESTROYS him for 9 rounds. Not even CLOSE. Just blows him out of the water.

You couldn't sell a 4th fight between those two.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    JDS got lucky, KO'd him with a behind the ear shot which we ALL know what happens.

Cain comes back and DESTROYS him for 9 rounds. Not even CLOSE. Just blows him out of the water.

Yeah a striker knocking someone out is lucky.

Right now, no you couldn't sell a 4th. Two fights from both fighters and you're probably going to have no other option. (assuming they both win their fights)

Shit changes so fast in the HW division, I wouldn't say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

That was not luck at all. That was a very well placed punch at the right time. JDS obviously trained it a lot so there was no luck at all.

Well, Cain is simply a beast. I do not see anyone giving him trouble. Good striking, good wrestling, always pressuring his opponent, he will be champ for a long time.
    JDS has one of the best chins in MMA history and an amazing heart and will. Huge respect for him!

Obviously no point at all in making a 4th fight anytime soon.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

From the lowly under cards all the way to the main event...we where treated to an unbelievable fights tonight. Every single one of these fighter fought their asses off for us. Raise a beer for them and "Yes,we were intertained"

If I were junior I wouldn't want to catch that ass whoopin' again. I mean realistically...it's two fights to one, 9 1/2 rounds 1. I think it's safe to say either the injury, or some luck played a role in the first victory. Could junior catch him again? Sure.but lets just see how the division plays out. I'd never say never, but he needs a couple to challenge in my opinion.
    Would I say that fight was competitive... Not really...but he touched him.... Hard on a few occasions. Juniors punches still had power through the first four Rds.... I don't get why qball said he doesn't want to watch Cain fight again... You cannot compare Cain to dc in respect to entertainment. Just look at junior face compared to Roy's.... Cain mauled junior. He almost finished it a few times, then got the finish... He was breaking away and swinging... And landing. He fought smart and not wreck less. How many times has a wounded man won by ko while the other fighter tried to wrecklessly finish? I thought dc looked good, but stalls a lot and lack killer instinct.

All in all I was happy with te fights... Plan on watching the card again.

Diego has a super human ability to recover and drive on while taking shots. He is tough. Awesome fight.

Cain went into the 1st fight injured too.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I don't know how to feel about the Cain/JDS fight. I personally didn't enjoy it at all because I am a JDS fan, but I have also always admired Cain as well, and I thought watching him hold JDS against the cage for 15-20 minutes of the fight really sucked from a pure fight perspective, let alone my own personal and emotional viewpoints of the fight. It was still a positively outstanding victory for Cain as he was able to outwrestle and wear JDS down while slowly chipping away at him all the way to that pitiful ending (for JDS). He also survived some close calls and just got the better of JDS everywhere.

Well, guess i'll have to do my best to ignore what shitheads have to say about JDS from here on out who ridicule him and such.

Diego "Bloodbath" Sanchez. Bleeds every time. Fucking crazy SOB. I wish he would have finished Melendez somehow after that uppercut. I would have swallowed my beer mug.

Thread Information