+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: UFC 166: Velasquez vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Damn that really sucks!
    It may be very dangerous that he does not remember anything from the fight, I hope he does not suffer serious brain damage in the future.
    You gotta agree with Dana when he said that if his team cared about his health and safety, they should have thrown in the towel. I think when a fighter takes that kinda punishment, and he is in fact on "auto-pilot", a ringside physician needs to evaluate between rounds to see if a fighter can describe what happened in the previous round or even know what round # is next. If his team did think JDS was on "auto-pilot", what good was it to give him instructions when he most likely wasn't comprehending what they were saying.

As a cornerman it's a big gamble to throw in the towel, cause you wanna give him a chance for a comeback, but you dont want him to take any more punishment. Perhaps a neutral cornerman for each fighter, whose only job is to stop the fight if deemed appropriate, without the worry of giving the fighter a chance for a comeback.

Do you think it's possible that they fight for a fourth time? I mean, I know they ain't no spring chickens but they aren't ancient by any means. Could a fourth fight happen a few years from now if Cain remains the champ and JDS runs through everyone else as well?
    You have to know what you don't know.

Obviously it can happen, but that will take a really long time and JDS must really destroy everybody from now.
    Right now the UFC would be unable to hype a 4th fight between them "JDS KOd Cain in 1 minute in their first fight, but then Cain absolutely fucking destroyed Cigano for 10 rounds in a row".

BTW I am not sure that Cigano will destroy everybody from now, because I guess that Cain not only destroyed him, but he also destroyed his confidence, and also I think that Cigano's chin will be more weak now, and that is a huge factor for the HW division.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    Do you think it's possible that they fight for a fourth time? I mean, I know they ain't no spring chickens but they aren't ancient by any means. Could a fourth fight happen a few years from now if Cain remains the champ and JDS runs through everyone else as well?
    The only way a 4th fight happens is if Cain loses the belt and JDS beats the person who took the title. There is just no need to ever do a 4th fight other than that. Who really wants to see JDS take another beating like that? I was yelling at my tv several times for the fight to be stopped. He should have never seen the 4th and 5th rounds. It was brutal to watch.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

yup if Werdum beats Cain that would be JDS' best chance to reclaim gold, or if JDS can somehow get a fight against DC and win. Personally I think JDS is done being a force and Werdum will not get it to the ground, make way for the Warmaster

After the kind of beatings he's taken recently, it wouldn't surprise me if he went the way of Chuck Liddell and Andre Arlovski.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information