Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time UFC judge Ruben Najera - what an impact he made

1. Default First time UFC judge Ruben Najera - what an impact he made

Not sure if anyone caught him or not. But he scored round 3 of the Sarah Kaufman Jessica Eye fight for Eye which gave her the split decision.

Not even in Leonard Garcia's dreams could that of happened.

Here's to hoping he never judges another MMA fight.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Cecil Peoples must be so proud of him
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Was he the judge thst gave all 3 rounds to Tim Boestch ?

Didn't two judges give it 30-27 for Boetsch? I had him winning 2nd and 3rd but certainly not the first round. I need to see it again as I have some doubts whether he won second or not. Anyway that could have been a draw easily. That was a strange fight for me to watch, it looked like in slow motion to me and I didn't expect that from those two guys.

Also I didn't see the first round of Eye vs Kauffman but I had Kauffman winning 2 and 3.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

-Tim Boetsch def. CB Dolloway by split decision (30-26, 27-29, 30-26)

That score card is fucked. How can two judges give him all three rounds including a 10-8 round and another give the fight to Dolloway
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    -Tim Boetsch def. CB Dolloway by split decision (30-26, 27-29, 30-26)

That score card is fucked. How can two judges give him all three rounds including a 10-8 round and another give the fight to Dolloway
    The 10-8 round came from the point deduction.

It was a close fight, I have no issue with the scoring. I don't agree with it but I can see where they got it. I personally gave CB the first but if you overvalue the take down I can see how they gave it to Tim.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

the Boetsch/Dollaway scoring was messed up...maybe I need to watch it again but I had CB winning all three rounds but of course with the lost point in the third making that round a draw so a final score of 29 - 27 Dollaway. at best Tim won one round which would make a draw and I don't think a blind man could have given Tim all three rounds. as far as the womens fight it was a close one but they got the right winner in the end I think.
    Bow down before me as you will surely fall if you challenge me

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    The 10-8 round came from the point deduction.

It was a close fight, I have no issue with the scoring. I don't agree with it but I can see where they got it. I personally gave CB the first but if you overvalue the take down I can see how they gave it to Tim.
    Thanks that makes a lot of sense. I still haven't watched the prelims.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I thought Eye/Kaufman was close, I thought Kaufman was winning it because of her pressure but end of day, wasn't too disappointed outside of the fact that Kaufman's loss fucked me out of a 12 fight parlay that would've netted me $1200. She was the only fight that didn't go my way last night and it came down to one scorecard.

LOL, I had a few separate parlays with the same picks (Kauffman being in all of em), and Gil and Diego (at +480 with the off chance he does pull it out and give me a higher payday) and Cain and JDS, just to leverage my bets. I woulda came out thousand and thousands ahead on small bets. But that split in the women's fight screwed me over in massive profits.

Thread Information