Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez

Yea it was a fun fight to watch. Yea, Diego showed a ton of heart and grit.

I hate to be the party pooper, but does anybody else think Sanchez looked like shit? And has for a while? I mean, whens the last time he had a good fight? Paulo Thiago? 3 years ago? He really needs to fine tune his game or he's going to wind up in a wheel chair by the time he's 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I've never understood how people could hate on Diego Sanchez. All he does is put on entertaining fights and scrappy wars. Maybe he isn't an elite talent, but he's exactly what you need on an exciting card. If more people fought like him and Diaz we wouldn't have so many snoozer cards. Speaking of which, how about Diego vs Nate Diaz next?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Anyone else fear Diego is going to suffer from Parkinson's?

His interview was horrible and sounded like his mind and mouth disconnected.

Not the greatest fight as Melendez controlled all but probably 2 minutes pretty handily, but still an awesome fight.
    Yeah, the dude sounded punch drunk already. I fear for the man's mental/physical health in the future.

They should re-name the FOTN award to the Diego Sanchez award.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I've never understood how people could hate on Diego Sanchez. All he does is put on entertaining fights and scrappy wars. Maybe he isn't an elite talent, but he's exactly what you need on an exciting card. If more people fought like him and Diaz we wouldn't have so many snoozer cards. Speaking of which, how about Diego vs Nate Diaz next?
    I'm not "hating" on him. My point is he's plateaued as a fighter, and unless he starts to evolve his striking and take downs or come into fights with some sort of game plan other than

1) Walk forward
    2) Swing wildly
    3) Stay upright
    4) Cash bonus check

he's going to be a vegetable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

6. Default

Entertaining? Yes. Close? Not by a long shot.

Those asking for Diego vs Nate, do you remember Diego vs Nick? Great fight ! Check out Diego vs Karo Parysian too.

Quote Originally Posted by marko View Post
    Those asking for Diego vs Nate, do you remember Diego vs Nick? Great fight ! Check out Diego vs Karo Parysian too.
    Yea very great fights because both guys, especially Diego, relied on superior SKILLS and TECHNIQUE to win those fights, and not "swinging wildly" and heart for the sake of entertainment to lose and cash in a bonus check.

For those talking about Diego's cognitive state going forward, there's a fascinating PBS documentary relative to the subject matter I'd recommend watching.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...gue-of-denial/

To me, Jones vs Gustafsson is still the best fight of the year by a very long way
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information