Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lombard Wants to Fight at UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane After Successful WW Debut

Default Lombard Wants to Fight at UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane After Successful WW Debut

http://www.mmaweekly.com/hector-lomb...erweight-debut

“I want to fight in front of my son, friends and fans in Australia,” Lombard said post-fight.
    “A few people doubted me that I could make 170 (pounds), but I did it easier than when I was 185,” Lombard said. “I think Dana White, Joe Silva, and the rest of the UFC was right for me to cut down to 170.”

Lombard’s only previous win in the UFC before Saturday night was on the Gold Coast in Australia, where he knocked out the recently exiled Rousimar Palhares.

“He looked great tonight,” UFC president Dana White said. “Dan Lambert texted me right after the fight and said come on, give him a fight in Australia. You know what Joe Silva is like, he said that card is packed. We’ll see if we can squeeze him in on the card.”

Stungun is certainly riding high right now, but I'm uncertain if he'd come into a Lombard fight and look to neutralize rather than explode like he did against Silva. I doubt Kampmann would be ready in time and I don't think they want to risk Nelson this early in his career, but Gunnar/Lombard would make for one helluva co-main. I'd even be tempted to pull Siyar from his December bout to give him a matchup with Lombard. Lotta cool matchups, but with basically 2 months out, there aren't too many options unless they start getting creative.

Alves vs Lombard? Lombard is going to be tough for lots of people at WW with his Judo background and apparent, though not often seen, takedown defense. He just didn't look healthy at WW...I hope for his sake that those cuts aren't taxing his body too much.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

This is what happens when ppl try to exchange with Lombard. I thought nate would grind him a bit but he didn't and got ktfo. If he gets Stungun, I hope he knocks his head off, I can't stand little okami.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Alves vs Lombard? Lombard is going to be tough for lots of people at WW with his Judo background and apparent, though not often seen, takedown defense. He just didn't look healthy at WW...I hope for his sake that those cuts aren't taxing his body too much.
    Alves and Lombard are teammates, but man that would be one hell of a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Alves and Lombard are teammates, but man that would be one hell of a fight!
    Oh ok, I didn't know that. Anyone think that he clipped Nate on the back of the head to drop him like that? I wasn't sure and am not complaining it just seemed a tad strange how Nate went down.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Oh ok, I didn't know that. Anyone think that he clipped Nate on the back of the head to drop him like that? I wasn't sure and am not complaining it just seemed a tad strange how Nate went down.

He caught nate with an uppercut while he was trying to back away

Lombard looked like a killer at WW and I imagine he was relatively unscathed. I'd love to see him on that card and I'm sure it'd sell a lot of tickets. A fight with Court McGee or Brian Ebersole would be pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Alves. He's decently known and would give an entertaining scrap.

We'll have to give Lombard upper level mid-carders for his next two fights to properly gauge where he is... he looked fantastic last night, but there wasn't much of a fight to judge
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Is Dan Hardy still on the rouster? What about Koscheck?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information