Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White claims B.J. Penn is 'almost' on weight already

With the weight loss I'm pretty sure he'll have very good cardio coming into the fight... hopefully his gameplan will be much better than last time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    With the weight loss I'm pretty sure he'll have very good cardio coming into the fight... hopefully his gameplan will be much better than last time...
    I always thought the biggest thing that BJ lacked was his ability to come up with a smart game plan and to stick with it. If he used the same strategy he used on fitch, when he fought diaz, he could have easily beat him.

And he's still fighting a guy who has 2-0 against him, and absolutely clowned him the second fight. This isn't like Rampage/Wandy III where Wandy was way passed his prime and Jackson had juice in his tank. In the case of Penn/Edgar III, Penn is way passed his prime and Edgar is still in his.

BJ could have been one of the GOAT, had he not chosen his cornermen and trainers poorly. Regardless, Penn is a legend of the sport.

BJ should have won the first fight. This is a rubber match in my mind, despite the shitty judging. I really don't care about the opinion of anyone that says otherwise.

Im a big BJ fan.. I want him to win, but realistically I don't think it happens... in any case, I want an exciting back and forth match, FOTY candidate...

7. Default

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

My money is on the Half Korean Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I will be rooting for Penn, but I would be really surprised if he pulls off the win against Edgar. On the bright side, this season of TUF should be a good one, the BJ Penn vs Jenns Pulver season of TUF was one of my favorites.

This just has a rinse and repeat feel to it.I think I've read this article about B.J. before several other fights.Seems to me that there is a distinct point in the MMA fighter's career when it's unequivocally over.Some guys call it quits,some guys think they can make that last run.I stopped letting myself believe in fairy tales after Chuck Liddell lost to Keith Jardine.

Thread Information