Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dana White claims B.J. Penn is 'almost' on weight already

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I always thought the biggest thing that BJ lacked was his ability to come up with a smart game plan and to stick with it. If he used the same strategy he used on fitch, when he fought diaz, he could have easily beat him.
    Penn never had a fight plan until he fought Fitch. It was the first time he'd ever employed one. He's stated that in interviews. I don't know why he abandoned it against Diaz.

Frankie is a winnable fight for Penn, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    And he's still fighting a guy who has 2-0 against him, and absolutely clowned him the second fight. This isn't like Rampage/Wandy III where Wandy was way passed his prime and Jackson had juice in his tank. In the case of Penn/Edgar III, Penn is way passed his prime and Edgar is still in his.
    "absolutely clowned him" is a bit of an overstatement. It was a clear and convincing win, but not in any way dominant, in my opinion.

I'm reserving opinion on how the fight will play out and how strong the Wandi/jackson comparison may apply...but I'll go as far as to state the first two fights can't even remotely be compared: Wandi finished rampage in their earlier meetings. Left him hanging "on the fence."

Penn/Edgar 1 was a close contest that I felt Penn won. Regardless of your opinion, it was a razor thin decision.
    Penn/Edgar 2 was a clear and convincing win for Edgar, but at no point did he have Penn in danger. He out-busied him. He learned from the first point on how he could score points and he went out and scored them.

Saying he clowned him is like saying Weidman has "dominated" Silva twice. Or that Jon Jones' length advantage doesn't win him fights.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Penn: I'm coming for the featherweight title
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...rweight-title/

He could've been on weight last week, the week before, the week after the fight and it won't matter because he will lose to Edgar anyway.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

i will never get sick of hearing a *what seems to be* motivated BJ Penn. My question is simply this; will training with Barao and Aldo change his stance on wanting the 145 belt? I read the other day that Aldo's manager says he wants to start fighting at 155 so maybe this opens the door for BJ?

He better pray to what ever Hawaiian god he believes in that he doesn't beat Edgar. Because Aldo will beat him into a living death.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    He better pray to what ever Hawaiian god he believes in that he doesn't beat Edgar. Because Aldo will beat him into a living death.
    and throw a chair at him

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Living death. Classic.

When is this fight suppose to even take place? Seems kinda silly to keep Edgar out of action for over a year...

Nice catch by hairy Dana
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

That shit never gets old, Tito's reaction is priceless.

Thread Information