+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JDS doesn't remember most of UFC 166 fight, thought he got finished in 2nd round

1. Default JDS doesn't remember most of UFC 166 fight, thought he got finished in 2nd round

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/2...squez-mma-news

In the main event of UFC 166, Junior dos Santos was battered by champion Cain Velasquez once again and was finally finished in the fifth round. But according to Combate (via Fighters Only), the former champ has no memory of most of the fight, and actually thought initially that his night had come to an end much earlier than it actually did:

Junior Dos Santos does not remember most of the UFC 166 fight with Cain Velasquez. Afterwards he was under the impression he had been knocked out in the second round. His corner believe he fought from round two onwards "on autopilot".
    He also said while at the hospital that he didn't remember doing a post-fight interview with Joe Rogan. He did say afterwards that he was feeling okay though:

"I'm feeling good. I came to the hospital to have some stitches in the cut I had. The pain is only in the heart, because I didn't manage to give a good performance in the Octagon," he said in a message relayed via Combate.com

"Now it's time to go back to the gym and train, dedicate myself to come back stronger than ever and, who knows, some day dispute the championship again and be able to honor the support from everybody who believed in me."
    The article states that he got stitches over his right eye and left ear after the bout.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

2. Default

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...7536--mma.html

Emergency room staff says Junior dos Santos could not remember most of UFC 166 fight or being interviewed
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Dang that's pretty insane if he can't remember much. Makes you wonder how his recovery process will be like. That last head dive looked brutal, almost all of his weight was on that..

When Rogan said at the begining of the fight that the winner would clearly be the better fighter, I thought it would'nt be that clear cut.
    But I was wrong.

That fight clearly estasblished Cains dominance over the heavyweight division.

Another reason why Herb Dean and ring side docs should be suspended. There was no reason for him to take that kind of damage. If I was a politician that was against MMA in New York I would show this fight. It was one of the worse non-stoppages in MMA history.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Are there any picture of Cigano after the fight?

After their second fight, his face was so swollen that he literally looked like another person, and I would like to see if this time he looks even more fucked up.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

8. Default

Agree with Masscore. There should be some questions/tests between rounds as this fight is etched in stone and can be used against the sport forever.

You know though, if they would have stopped it in the third, there would be the controversy and JDS's camp saying the fight was stopped early and that he could have landed a KO if Herbie stopped it earlier. I agree there was no need to go on past the 3rd but hindsight is 20/20. Sometimes the refs are damned if they do damned if they don't...

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    You know though, if they would have stopped it in the third, there would be the controversy and JDS's camp saying the fight was stopped early and that he could have landed a KO if Herbie stopped it earlier. I agree there was no need to go on past the 3rd but hindsight is 20/20. Sometimes the refs are damned if they do damned if they don't...
    The refs and ring side docs job is to not worry about public opinion. Their job is to make sure the fighter can keep fighting. And it was clear to everyone besides those people that he should have never came out for the 4th round. Just because a guy can see two fingers six inches infront of his face doesn't mean he is still able to fight. JDS was rocked and getting spiked on his head like that in the 5th round might have shortened his career.

I personally as a fan would much rather see a fight stopped early and have a guy remember what round the fight was finished, than watch a guy take an unneeded brutal beating for 10 minutes and forget what day of the week it is.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information