Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JDS doesn't remember most of UFC 166 fight, thought he got finished in 2nd round

1. Default

Heck people get talked into being sucide bombers. Thats why sensible people make rules and ref's and doctors are to inforce them. No matter what the fans like or dislike. Comes to mind Greg Jackson puting one of his fighters back out there wasn't a UFC fight were the kid took a beating just because Jackson wouldn't throw in the towel, any body remember the fight?

He forgot everything because of that last spike on his head. His memory was perfectly fine until then and it was the last spike on his head that caused him to forget everything. So of course when the doctor is talking to him he is going to remember stuff because his memory was fine at that point. The KO is what caused him to forget. A KO he did not have to suffer if the people in power did their jobs.

And I would argue he wasn't landing power shots in the 4th and 5th round. We all know what kind of power JDS' has and Cain ate those shots as if they were nothing. He was not fazed and walked through them. So either Cain's chin is suddenly the best chin in MMA or JDS' power was gone.

Overall this is one thing MMA could learn from Boxing. Boxing coaches are way more likely to throw in the towel and stop the fight because they know when a guy is dead on his feet. MMA is still catching up in that department.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Ok either I missed this "spike" or I got spiked myself but I sure as hell don't remember anything remotely like that during the fight. As far as boxing being ahead of MMA on throwing in the towel...are you HIGH?? Name one big name fight that you ever saw a towel come in. I was a boxing fan in my youth and I can't think of one solitary instance. Now, if I ask you how many punchy brain damage boxers there are you wouldn't have enough time to name them all. Hell let's just hit the highlights Ali (possibly also Parkinsons), Joe Frazier, Floyd Patterson, Sugar Ray Robinson, Ken Norton ETC.. and why? Because these guys took beating after beating and most were allowed to fight well past their prime by those same people who you say are more likely to throw it in. Boxing chewed up and spit out these guys to line their own pockets. Don't get me wrong they made their own decisions, they're adults, but lets not rewrite the history of the sport.
    Hell DW all but forced Liddell to retire, how many Don king fighters can say that?

I am not sure that it was the spike that made JDS suddenly forget everything. It is not that he forgot everything, because he just forgot round 4 and 5.

As for Cain taking those shots and not being rocked. His chin is the same it always was, I do not think a chin can suddenly be better than it was before. But it is obvious that JDS had not the same kind of power, he was absolutely exhausted, he was a bloody mess and absolutely rocked. You can not expect a man like that to throw KO punches.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Watch the end of the fight. JDS' head got spiked when Cain hit a Syracuse to escape the front choke.

And I stopped reading after you asked if I was high because clearly anything after that can't be taken seriously.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I worry about Roy's health and the punishment he has taken but he isn't showing too many ill effects.
    Not only does Roy have alot of fat on his belly, but also surrounding his cerebellum.

Diego, however, didn't sound like his brain was doing so well following his fight with Melendez. I fear he has taken way too many shots in his career.
    Diego has always been an inarticulate space case, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Not only does Roy have alot of fat on his belly, but also surrounding his cerebellum.

[B]

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

No Diego. No.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Hahaha, exactly.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/2...-towel-ufc-166
    JDS’ coach ‘never considered’ throwing in the towel at UFC 166

Thread Information