View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cain Velasquez

    10 76.92%
  • Daniel Cormier

    3 23.08%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cormier vs. Velasquez

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,187

    Default Cormier vs. Velasquez

    They say they'll never fight each other. Doesn't mean we can't discuss who would win it......

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,482

    Default

    From what I have seen from both of them, Cain would clearly beat him.

    Cormier is a solid fighter, but Cain is simply a machine. Cormier looks like a very passive fighter, he is dominant but you do not say "Damn!! This guy is a fucking machine!", with Cain you say that.

    Cain is just too good for anyone right now.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    I don't know about that. A big advantage Cain normally has is his wrestling abilities to dominate clinches, and take the fight to wherever he wants to. Cormier has him beat there, and that might be enough to take the win.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I don't know about that. A big advantage Cain normally has is his wrestling abilities to dominate clinches, and take the fight to wherever he wants to. Cormier has him beat there, and that might be enough to take the win.
    True, but Cormier also usually has a big advantage in that area. His advantage may not be as big against Cain. Cain just looks like the more complete fighter at this stage.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    True, but Cormier also usually has a big advantage in that area. His advantage may not be as big against Cain. Cain just looks like the more complete fighter at this stage.
    Cain has great wrestling skills, but Cormier is on his own level entirely.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Cain has great wrestling skills, but Cormier is on his own level entirely.
    Gotta disagree. The difference between wrestling skills isn't as clear cut as olympic vs. college etc. Nearly everyone said Lesnar was a way better wrestler based on the same logic. The differences at that level are subtle. Many pedigreed wrestlers have learned that lesson from GSP. I would imagine that they are pretty even if not give the advantage to Cain as far as MMA wrestling comes into play. That said, it leaves the stand-up game and the sheer tenacity of Cain would eventually overwhelm Cormier. Cain via UD or TKO strikes.
    Last edited by noahm; 10-24-2013 at 02:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,134

    Default

    Fitch: Velasquez would beat Cormier
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-beat-Cormier/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    World of Pain!
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Tough tough fight. Can we get a poll on this.

    I don't think Cain can take DC down. I also think his inability to do this leaves DC in a good position to win rounds by slipping and moving and scoring the occasional take down to win a five round decision.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Tough tough fight. Can we get a poll on this.

    I don't think Cain can take DC down. I also think his inability to do this leaves DC in a good position to win rounds by slipping and moving and scoring the occasional take down to win a five round decision.
    Ummm, there is a poll in this thread..........look at the top of the page.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    World of Pain!
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Ummm, there is a poll in this thread..........look at the top of the page.
    Sorry, I am a dum dum.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •