Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier - boring as f@#%!

Default Daniel Cormier - boring as f@#%!

I was a big Cormier fan before he was in he ufc, but damn he's stank it up since then, including that mess with big country.

Or am I the only one who thinks this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    I was a big Cormier fan before he was in he ufc, but damn he's stank it up since then, including that mess with big country.

Or am I the only one who thinks this?
    When he would open up with a combo he'd look decent; he landed some good shots. But overall, last 2 fights have boring as shit.

You call these sweet kicks boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I don't think it has been too bad. I thought he had good combos against Roy. He played it safe since he is moving down. You have to be careful with Roy since he has such power and is so hard to stop.

Anyone think since he broke his hand he is probably a bit tenative?

I think he will be able to open up at LHW.

He's a truly elite wrestler and his wrestling style is about control.

IMO, it will be up to his opponents to make him uncomfortable and make him take risks in order for him to be in a barn-burner of a fight. Short of that, he'll simply control people and frustrate them until they can do something to stop it.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Dont see what he did different than guys like Cruz, Mighty Mouse, Machida did.
    He was in and out of Nelson's striking range, hardly took shots, utterly dominated in striking department, was able to takedown Nelson quite a few times while giving up 25lb in weight, and showed how quickly he can move in and out of range as a HW.

At the same time I think knowing that Jones is a big student of the game, and how closely he watches footage of his opponents, I wouldnt be surprised if Cormier held back a bit just to not let all of his tricks out the bag.

Not looking too far forward here, but DC is going to have trouble with the way JBJ jabs then leaves his hand out to disengage. DC usually tries to counter over the top and that hand will be in his face all night. He's going to have to slip and parry a lot of those shots and get around that hand to land his counter shots if he wants to be successful.

Yeah, he's boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    You call these sweet kicks boring?

lol those kicks are silly. Seriously, if he does one of those things against the wrong guy he's going to get tagged pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Even Frank Mir was impressed with the kicks lol.

But seriously, I dont see Cormier throwing those kicks to the wrong opponent. Neither fighter expected it, and both Frank and Roy were too winded to even step forward and counter that opening Cormier left.

Cormier quickness is quite apparent against the slower HWs, but will be interesting to see how he well he moves against the faster LHW.

I agree but I would venture a guess that he'll be more explosive and even quicker at 205 so it may be a wash. Didn't he wrestle at like 211?

Thread Information