Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TUF Brazil Coaches - Fox Sports Live Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Wait, is this TUF Brazil, or TUF USA vs Brazil? Chael can't possibly be expected to coach Brazilians. He doesn't speak Portuguese and I'm pretty sure there are no people in Brazil that don't hate him.
    oh but he does speak Portuguese about as well as AS speaks English
    Anyone know if Chael will be asking Anderson Silva to be his asst. coach

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Chael Sonnen Says He May Reach Out to Anderson Silva for His TUF Brasil 3 Coaching Staff

http://www.mmaweekly.com/chael-sonne...coaching-staff
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...in-team-sonnen

Anderson forced to decline invitation to join Team Sonnen
    “I think it's nice he thought of me, but unfortunately I won't be in Brazil,” says Silva, currently training in Los Angeles for his rematch with Chris Weidman in December.

“I think this is going to be a nice TUF since Wanderlei and Chael are great athletes. Sonnen hyped the two fights with me in inappropriate fashion but he is a great athlete, a great man and I hope they make a great fight as well.”

But if Anderson had been in Brazil and was available to take part?

“If I had the time, was in Brazil and Wanderlei hadn’t offered me a spot, I would accept it for sure. I think it's valid for the sport,” he says.

Sonnen will coach Brazilians on TUF: Brazil 3
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-TUF-Brazil-3/

In an interview with Bleacher Report, he recited a conversation with Joe Rogan that elaborated on UFCs supposed plans:

"My understanding is that the show will have purely Brazilian contestants. That's a little different than in America, where we bring in competitors from all over the world. I know on my last team we had a gentleman from England. I had a gentleman from Jamaica. I had a gentleman from Sweden. All on one team. But when we take the show to a foreign market, we seem to only build talent from that market. It's a bit of a different formula."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Sonnen will coach Brazilians on TUF: Brazil 3
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-TUF-Brazil-3/
    HAHAHAHA that should be hilariously awkward. He will be so confused when they are using electronic devices and the house doesn't have a giant pit of mud for them to play in. Should also be awkward when the Brazlians don't try to feed the bus a carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    HAHAHAHA that should be hilariously awkward. He will be so confused when they are using electronic devices and the house doesn't have a giant pit of mud for them to play in. Should also be awkward when the Brazlians don't try to feed the bus a carrot.
    They would have to be pretty dumb not to understand it was all humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    They would have to be pretty dumb not to understand it was all humour.
    He received multiple death threats as a result of it.

That was humor as well.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Mom begs Brazil: Don't allow someone to hurt Chael

"I'm worried about his safety during filming there," she said to Brazilian website Mano a Mano, as translated by MMAMania. "I know you all are legal, decent people. My sister and her family received an exchange student from Brazil who has lived in her house when Chael was younger and they have shared many hours with each other. That said, it only takes one to ruin it ... and I pray that you not allow someone to reach Chael in person. He is a great coach and is eager to help the young fighters as much as he can."

Wanderlei Silva discusses Chael Sonnen’s safety on ‘TUF: Brazil 3′

“He’ll be 100 percent safe,” Silva said. “Just one guy is going to beat him, and this guy is me. Nobody (else) is going to touch you. Brazil is different.”

“TUF: Brazil” debuted in 2012, and the second season aired this spring. “TUF 3: Brazil” begins taping shortly for a spring 2014 debut. Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC) and Sonnen (29-14-1 MMA, 7-7 UFC) both will coach teams of Brazilian fighters, and then they meet at a season-ending card in Brazil.

UFC officials capitalized on the duo’s long-brewing feud – and even announced the coaching assignments and upcoming fight before Sonnen’s recent UFC 167 loss to Rashad Evans. While Sonnen, who’s often made Brazil the target of his humor, often suggests it’s all in good fun, Silva doesn’t see it that way.

“It’s a joke for you, but it’s not a joke for me and not for my country,” he said. “But don’t worry. You’re going to be safe. But you’re going to pay for all the [comments] in June.”

Couldn’t Silva simply be taking things too seriously? Possibly. But Silva said his best training partners understand he’s an intense guy, which he thinks Sonnen will learn soon enough.

“I don’t like fake people,” he said. “I don’t like jokes. I don’t like guys who talk stupid things about me, and when you say (those things), you’re going to need to pay.”

Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva Will Fight at Light Heavyweight Following TUF Brasil 3

As part of Friday night’s UFC Brisbane pre-fight show on Fox Sports 2, Sonnen announced that he would acquiesce and fight Wanderlei Silva at light heavyweight following their stint as The Ultimate Fighter Brasil 3 coaches.

Thread Information