+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez wants Nate Diaz next

Default Sanchez wants Nate Diaz next

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ate-Diaz-next/

Generally speaking the UFC brass is responbile for match making bouts and decided who will fight who next. But that doesn't mean they don't strongly consider a fighter's opinion and if one guy calls another out and both want to fight, sometimes it's just an easy job for the UFC matchmaker.

Hopefully that is the case with Diego Sanchez, who today went to twitter to call out fellow lightweight Nate Diaz:

"Nate Diaz for the next fight would be a epic 5 rounder."

I have wanted this fight so damn long. Would be such a great fight!

Hot-damn that would be a barn burner. Difficult fight for either guy, and if this hits the ground or stays standing it's guaranteed to be exciting!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

I like Diego calling for a five rounder. Doesn't hurt to ask. What like two of his last three he got stronger in the third.

What the hell has Diego done to earn a fight with a top 10 fighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Who knows, but he just had one.

I think Sanchez would destroy Nate. His constant pressure moving forward, and his granite-like head could easily absorb Nate's peppering punches while on his way in to brawl. Nate could not withstand it.

Providing an instant classic and almost finishing the arguable 2nd best lightweight could be a reason me thinks.

I think the question is, How does he figure to get into a 5 rounder? You need to be the main event for that.

I don't believe either fighter has earned it, but it would be a great 5 round fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Providing an instant classic and almost finishing the arguable 2nd best lightweight could be a reason me thinks.
    A fight that he lost. He's not even ranked in the top 15 LWs. He's getting upper echelon fights based on stuff he did years ago. How about they give Khabib a fight with Diaz. He's on a 5 fight win streak and just beat Pat Healy. How about give Dos Anos a fight with Diaz, he's on a 5 fight win streak and just beat Donald Cerrone. Diaz should be fighting the Jorge Masvidals and Danny Castillos of the world, not the top 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Who knows, but he just had one.

I think Sanchez would destroy Nate. His constant pressure moving forward, and his granite-like head could easily absorb Nate's peppering punches while on his way in to brawl. Nate could not withstand it.
    I don't know if Sanchez would "destroy" Nate, but I agree that Nate wouldn't be able to deal with Diego's pressure and walking though his punches. Nate's brother couldn't handle it some years ago. Ultimately, Diego is a bad match up for the Diaz brothers.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information