Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez wants Nate Diaz next

Sounds like a good step for Diego to try and pull himself back up after a decision loss in a great fight. It could go a long way to keep him relevant and closer to that title shot. It would be a great fight to head/co-head a fight night card.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Ultimately, Diego is a bad match up for the Diaz brothers.
    Diaz brothers? Fuck those fucking Diaz brothers! I bury those cockroaches.

Sorry, any time I see "Diaz brothers", that scene from Scarface pops into my head! I cannot control myself.

Nick Diaz vs Deigo was an incredible fight. So much awesome ground work and scrambles. I'm not saying it would be the same if nate fought diego at this point in his career, but the thought of a similar match is exciting.

I honestly don't care if he deserves it or not.....Dana.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	do it.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	625
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    What the hell has Diego done to earn a fight with a top 10 fighter?
    I think it goes along with the mentality of a fighter who just lost again--and by my reckoning, that's 3 in a row for him, and 5 out of his last 7--thinking he can call out anyone. If zuffa were anywhere close to being the best-facing-the-best...he'd be looking for a job.

But watching someone absorb punches is entertaining, so he'll probably get what he wants.

I have no interest in diego. he's not even a top 20 fighter.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I don't riv. Diego does come out and brawl but the man can grapple some. He almost took Gilbert's back then damn near finished him in the third. He brings it. He eats way to many shots and is a basket case but he has more determination than most. I like watching him fight b/c of the passion he brings. Doesn't mean I don't like a good technical match.

This will sound stupid but I have a friend whose buddy trains at Jackson's. He says Diego is batshit crazy. One second he will be yelling at you to not smoke weed and the next week is blazing blunts at a party. Definitely a character.

I want to see him and Melvin now that they are talking. I don't thinkdiego is as dumb as some of u think. I think he keeps the chin tucked on Melvin and wears him down.

I'm simply amazed that so many people think Diego somehow performed well in the Melendez fight.

He had one great moment on a scramble and landed a very nice uppercut. Otherwise, Melendez pitched a no-hitter and dominated him in every exchange.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Yeah diego didn't do well till the third, but he did show a lot of perseverence.

Didn't he almost take Gilbert's back in the first, though.

That was the scramble I was referring to in my post. (At least I think he got it in a scramble but it may have been a sweep)
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I'm simply amazed that so many people think Diego somehow performed well in the Melendez fight.

He had one great moment on a scramble and landed a very nice uppercut. Otherwise, Melendez pitched a no-hitter and dominated him in every exchange.
    Agreed. This is why I don't consider this top 10, maybe even top 20, of the year. It wasn't competitive enough. I forget which poster, on which forum said it, but, Diego is becoming another Leonard Garcia and that shouldn't be taken as a compliment.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information