Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanchez wants Nate Diaz next

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I'm simply amazed that so many people think Diego somehow performed well in the Melendez fight.

He had one great moment on a scramble and landed a very nice uppercut. Otherwise, Melendez pitched a no-hitter and dominated him in every exchange.
    Agreed. This is why I don't consider this top 10, maybe even top 20, of the year. It wasn't competitive enough. I forget which poster, on which forum said it, but, Diego is becoming another Leonard Garcia and that shouldn't be taken as a compliment.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Maybe I am a bit of a Diego homer, but I think he is way better than Leonard Garcia.

They got Sanchez as 10 on fight matrix and Garcia as number 100. Before Leonard's last two wins in Legacy he lost five straight. Diego is 3 for 5 in his last bouts (I know all about the Kampman bout, b/c I had Martin winning as well), but they have been against studs.

Yes he has been in wars, and yes he let his chin hang, but he did have competitive rounds in all of those fights.

Edit: I would not put him at ten, but somebody did.
    Last edited by MIZjitsZOU; 10-25-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Holy cow, I'd forgotten about the Kampmann bout.

I had him losing against Gomi--I honestly can't see how anyone wouldn't--and I do not think Gomi can still be described as a stud.

So that makes Sanchez losing something like 6 out of his last 7, by my count.

He can take a beating. He stays busy. I need a bit more from that from a fighter, particularly one as flaky and uncharismatic as Diego.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

He also should have lost the Gomi fight. That was awful judging. He should be 1-6 in his last 7 fights. His last top 10 win was Guida over in June 2009. The guy plateaued around the BJ Penn fight and hasn't been relevant to the title picture since. He still has great condition, heart and a hell of a chin. His BJJ is still great but his striking and wrestling is stagnant and has started to fall behind against current UFC fighters to the point that he has a hard time implementing his BJJ in fights and is forced try to brawl with his opponents.

I will give him credit where it's due. He always goes out and leaves everything in the cage. At this point though, I have seen all 20 or so UFC fights of his and don't get interested when he fights. I would rather see someone who has the potential to accomplish something in MMA fight. I could care less if I see him fight again.

And yes, he is a much better fighter than Garcia.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information