Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Werdum plans to request Cain Velasquez vs Junior dos Santos winner, willing to wait

Default Werdum plans to request Cain Velasquez vs Junior dos Santos winner, willing to wait

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/14/46...ampionship-ufc

Some things are worth waiting for -- including a UFC title shot -- and Werdum has agreed to ride the pine until the rest of the division sorts itself out, according to "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV (via Ariel Helwani). It also helps when the current champ is calling you the next contender.

He's certainly put in the work.

Werdum is in prime pouncing position after avenging a 2006 loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the UFC on FUEL TV 10: "Nogueira vs. Werdum 2" main event, now winning three-straight fights against opponents who are, or at the time he fought them, were in the top-10 of his division.

But does UFC President Dana White "love it?"

That remains to be seen, but it's not unreasonable to think Alistair Overeem, or to a lesser extent Travis Browne, could make a case for a heavyweight championship bout with a thrilling finish this weekend at UFC Fight Night 26.

Once they didn't book Cormier/Werdum(given the 205 rumours etc), this is really the only fight to make for Werdum.

Cormier vs Werdum should be next.
    Or Werdum vs Overeem 3 (If Reem beats Browne)
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Either of them would KO him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Either of them would KO him.
    Agreed but let me go a step further. I don't see Werdum beating Cain, JDS, Overeem or even Mir.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Agreed but let me go a step further. I don't see Werdum beating Cain, JDS, Overeem or even Mir.
    He would beat Mir

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I want to see Werdum/Overeem III sooner or later. Werdum VS winner of Mir/Barnett would be a fun fight. I think he would beat Mir, too.

If Cormier isn't fighting at HW after his fight with Roy, then Werdum should get the titleshot if he defeats his next opponent.

Sounds like a perfect ME for the Super Bowl card.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Werdum: I will submit Velasquez
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...mit-Velasquez/

Fabricio Werdum is one of the more prolific jiu-jitsu players in the MMA game, and most noticeable submitted the previously unsubmitted Fedor Emelianenko. Werdum is currently riding a three bout win streak and is aimed directly at a title fight with Velasquez, whom he expects to beat Dos Santos, but whom he also expects he can beat by submission:

"I want the belt, but Cain Velasquez is a good fight for me too, because he takes down guys, and if he takes me down, for sure I'm finishing him. I'll try for sure, I know it's a hard fight. He has good conditioning."

Werdum is the next logical choice I think. Cormier is leaving HW win or lose. Barnett needs another win or two. Overeem and Mir are leagues away.

Browne is an idea but I think a Big Foot rematch is what he needs. Or he fights Hunt if he wins. Browne isn't ready imo.

Thread Information