Thread: White Ready to Book Jimi Manuwa vs. Big Name Opponent in the United States

Default White Ready to Book Jimi Manuwa vs. Big Name Opponent in the United States

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-united-states

All three of Manuwa's UFC fights have come in his home country of England. But now that he continues to impress his bosses, he may be doing some traveling for his next fight.

"During the fight, I was texting with Joe Silva," White said at the post-event news conference. "I said, "It's time to take this kid to the next level – get him over fighting in the United States and get him in a big fight with somebody.' I don't know who."

For his part, Jimmo said he doesn't care who he fights.

"I don't turn down fights. I don't back down or anything," he said.

Much of the first round was spent contested on the fence, with Jimmo clinching him up and trying to keep his power at bay.

But when Manuwa was loose, he was throwing bombs, as he has become known for.

"The fight went how I thought it'd go," Manuwa said. "I knew he was a tough opponent. He's strong, but I had his number. It was just a matter of time before I caught him. My training went really well, and I felt great in the fight – ready for anything."

White said Manuwa was not quite ready to be talked about in title contention just yet in the light heavyweight division. But it might be safe to say that Manuwa's next fight will be against an opponent that could get him there quickly.

"After you break into the top five (you start to get into title contention)," White said. "But in this sport, anything could happen. We've been doing guys in the top eight or top nine who get big fights. So anything could happen."

Anticlimatic win but I agree. He should get a bump to a Thiago Silva, Bader, or somebody along those lines. We still have to see how good his tdd is before talking about title contention tho.

T silva was tbe first fighter that came to mind for me
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

My first thought was Gegard but he's injured right? I like the idea of Bader or Thiago Silva too.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think gegard wants to go bqck down to MW. He just called out Machida
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Bader. Thiago Silva. Lil Nog (Gustafsson has no business getting paired up against Lil Nog.. huge step down for him I feel. Switch it with Manuwa)

Rashad would be good too! dammit I wish some of the LHW's werent already inked to fight and we could get the ball rolling on this
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 10-27-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Man I'd love to see a fight between him and Glover one day....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information