Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'The Count' wants Lyoto Machida vs Mark Munoz winner in early 2014 UFC return

Default 'The Count' wants Lyoto Machida vs Mark Munoz winner in early 2014 UFC return

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/forumd...eral-MMA-Forum

"All I was concerned about was my career and fighting. This defines me as a person. It is what I do. I've come to a point now where I've been in the UFC for a long time but I still haven't had a title shot. I still haven't been a world champion. I still feel like I've got a lot to prove in the sport. Because I've been around a while, I'm towards the higher end of the pay scale as well. It's my career, it's my job. That's what I do. I just bought a house. I was like, 'Shit, is this where it ends?'"

And if the rest of the Middleweight roster thinks Bisping will come back hesitant and gun shy once he returns to the Octagon, think again, because "The Count" plans to come out guns blazing when he gets the green light.

The circumstance, and time off, has made him hungrier than before.

He explains:

"In some ways, this is going to be best thing to happen to me. I know it sounds like a cliche, but I had my career almost taken away, and it made me realize how much I still have left to achieve in this sport. If time was called on my career right now, I wouldn't be happy with what I achieved. Yes, I get some notoriety and put some dollars in my bank account and whatever, but I want a lot more out of it than that. I want to stabilize my future and my children's future as well. So this has really made me even hungrier than ever."

Translation- I've lost to everyone in the top 5, but I'll continue to call out the top guys even though I have no business doing so.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

The whole 'technical decision' win over Belcher still baffles me.

What other fights have ended to a technical decsion?

Bisping doesn't deserve it, but if I were Lyoto or Munoz I would take the fight, Bisping doesn't offer alot of risk in a fight, he doesn't have submissions or KO power.I think Lyoto can easily beat him, and if he is aggressive get the finish, while Mark would need to get the TD or smoother him into the cage to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I really hope machida doesn't stay at 85 permanently. The guy is still a monster at 205.

Bisping gets schooled against machida, idk about munoz. It would depend on how well he could pressure bisping

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

Jamie Varner and Cerrone
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Ovince St Preux vs Gian Villante on the same card oddly enough. It was bullshit. Should have been a DQ if the ref deemed it to be intentional and a NC if the ref deemed it to be an accident. Personally, it looked intentional to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Jamie Varner and Cerrone

Shit, getting old school bringing it back to WEC 36.

Cerrone threw the illegal knee and it was considered a (split) technical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Ovince St Preux vs Gian Villante on the same card oddly enough. It was bullshit. Should have been a DQ if the ref deemed it to be intentional and a NC if the ref deemed it to be an accident. Personally, it looked intentional to me.

Good call. OSP landed an illegal eye poke yet won the fight when his opponent couldnt see. Sounds like a very similar situation..

Still how could the one throwing an illegal strike, causing their opponent to not be able to continue fighting be given the win? Amazes me. Intentional or not, if you just stopped the fight due to an illegal blow, the offender should not be given the victory.

What is the deciding factor if the fight is a NC/DQ or technical decision when a fight is stopped due to an illegal blow? Intention?

Still didn't like that result of Varner Cerrone 1...glad they had another fight later on. I want to see them fight one more time!

Just to keep in tune with this thread, I could go for Machida vs Bisping more than Munoz, just for me looks more interesting.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

What is the deciding factor if the fight is a NC/DQ or technical decision when a fight is stopped due to an illegal blow? Intention?
    Something tells me that it was the athletic commission and not the ref making the decision. I'm quite certain that if the illegal blow ends the fight in Nevada for example the deciding factor between a DQ and a NC is the intent. As far as I know there has never been a UFC fight in Nevada go to a technical decision. New Jersey on the other hand seems that if the illegal blow finishes the fight past the second round it goes to a technical decision for some strange reason. I'm with you though. If a fighter throws and illegal blow and it finishes the fight, that fighter should not be awarded a victory no matter how the fight had gone up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information