+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard Ortiz is pulling out of the Bellator ppv with a neck injury

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    While I agree, Ken, Frank, Tito and Rampage have been slamming him pretty hard lately....
    Did they say anything untrue or were they stating that fighters make the sport not egomaniacs who have never fought talking shit and questioning their heart?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Great move by Bellator. whether or not the injury is legit, it was the right move and it saved them face. Now they can focus on building up their own fighters and maybe one day having a PPV built on the strength of their own talent at a reasonable price. The real loser in this is Alverez who will be fighting on Free TV for a long time. I'm not sure if Eddie's relationship with Bellator is gonna end well, especially since they said they are going to let Askren go fight for the UFC and now this.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    And hey, for once Jon Jones isn't responsible for killing a PPV lol.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

4. 10-25-2013, 10:58 PM

What kind of blows my mind is that now that BFC are off PPV, they're still putting on the three title fights on the same card, plus a Kongo fight where he's pulling in a relatively large payday.

Now, I can appreciate that those in attendance bought tickets to see these fights, but from a TV/promotional perspective I'd take a hard look at maybe exercising the "card is subject to change" clause, especially since tickets aren't moving. Their Friday night cards are severely lacking in big name depth and draws and one could make the argument that Alvarez/Chandler II, Newton/Mo II, Curran/Straus and to a lesser extent the combination of Bronzoulis/Riggs and Kongo/Queiroz would all be individual main events on BFC TV cards.

The rest of season 9 outside of the Schlemenko/Marshall bout is pretty blah at the moment.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd seriously consider booking only Eddie/Chandler II and Mo/Newton II and then spread the Curran title defense and other two main bouts over the rest of the month's TV card....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/2...ter-tito-ortiz

Well now I don't have to necessarily feel bad about having to work through it. Also if this link has been posted I'm sorry, I just had some quick time and noticed it.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

I am with federlei. They should move the curran fight to another night. That said I am stoked about this card. Two top ten lightweights battling it out and a top five in paddy ma. For free. Hell yes.

Chandler vs Alverez should have been the main event. And the card should have been free. Everything seems to have worked itself out here.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Rampage' Jackson wanted a replacement opponent for canceled Bellator 106 bout
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...lator-106-bout
    However, Jackson told AXS TV's "Inside MMA" on Friday that he was hoping his fight – and the PPV plans – could be salvaged.

"If I'm going to keep it real, I would have said, 'Look, throw another opponent at me and still keep the PPV because I trained really hard for this and had my knees fixed,'" he said. "I wanted to show the world and the fans that still support me that I'm back. Everybody thought I was done after I lost my fight to 'Shogun' (Rua).

" ... Throw somebody else in there like 'Kimbo Slice,' Houston Alexander, anyone in Bellator. ... People talking about Tyrone Spong – I don't know his name. Throw anybody in there. I'm ready. I'll fight anybody. Pull Chuck Liddell out of retirement."

Jackson was laughing as he said those final two names, but there was little doubt he sincerely wanted to stay on the card. Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said he hopes to get Jackson a fight soon, though no definitive plans have been set.

Ortiz, meanwhile, isn't expected back in the cage until 2014.

"I hope Tito has a speedy recovery," Jackson said. "I know how it is when you're a warrior and you've been injured. Hell, I've been injured my last two fights. It's not a pretty sight. It's really hard."

I was thinking Kimbo could work in a bind, but his stock has dropped massively due to years relatively off the radar, still not worth buying a PPV past the "lulz" value.

Spong throws so many legkicks, Rampage would probably pull a Trevor Berbick.

Too bad. I was interested in seeing if Rampage would actually try to finish Tito or if they would fight to make it a show.

Sure, lets see Page VS Spong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information