+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC continues grab for Japanese talent with signing of Shunichi Shimizu

Default UFC continues grab for Japanese talent with signing of Shunichi Shimizu

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/2...imizu-mma-news

Zuffa has gone on a tear this week of picking up top Japanese talent, now with their third major signing, longtime ZST (for those wondering, it's "zest") standout Shunichi Shimizu. ZST is something of a strange, "hybrid" organization formerly holding tag-team, shoot, modified grappling, and alternate rules MMA bouts, however Shimizu has long been one of their most legitimate fighting talents. MMA in Asia announced his signing Friday. No debut date or potential opponent has been announced.

28 Wins, 8 Loses.
    TEN Draws!!!

How the fuck does one get that many Draws?
    "ZST: Where handing out Draws means Nothing."
    All 10 of his Draws are in ZST.
    Out of his first 8 fights, 6 of them were Draws.
    Some are Draws in the 1st round and some are Draws in the 2nd.

Someone please explain this to me.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

If they're gonna keep picking guys up, I wonder if they'll try and make another run at Satoshi Ishii given that he's alot more seasoned now, the JMMA climate isn't really bustling.

I'd also recommend that they snap up Doo Ho Choi, but he may want to drop down to 135.

And I know he's getting up there in age and hasn't fought in a while, but Jadamba Naratunglag is a helluva entertaining fighter and has a pretty big fanbase.

Also, outside of signing Japanese/Asian talents, in somewhat related news, if they're gunning for more fighters at 125 since the division , Will Campuzano and Joshua Sampo have looked excellent and would add a nice deal of depth to the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    28 Wins, 8 Loses.
    TEN Draws!!!

How the fuck does one get that many Draws?
    "ZST: Where handing out Draws means Nothing."
    All 10 of his Draws are in ZST.
    Out of his first 8 fights, 6 of them were Draws.
    Some are Draws in the 1st round and some are Draws in the 2nd.

Someone please explain this to me.
    They probably had rules that you had to finish the fighter to record a win, like Crocop/Wandy 1. The 1st rounds draws are early in his career. They probably had 1 and 2 rounds fights, and early on ZST felt his record warranted 1 round fights.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information