Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McGregor: 'I don't want to be the guy leaving' Diego Sanchez being fed with a tube

Default McGregor: 'I don't want to be the guy leaving' Diego Sanchez being fed with a tube

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/25/5...-sanchez-being

Interestingly, McGregor isn't actually interested in a bout with Sanchez after witnessing his performance against Gilbert Melendez at UFC 166 in Houston, TX. In fact, the only way that he actually would face the "Nightmare" is if he saw his medical reports.

I'm too defensively intelligent. I'm too smooth. I'm telling you right now, he wouldn't hit me once. He wouldn't land one shot. Gil made him miss and capitalized but I'm a little more clinical. I would him him and then he'd hit the floor, trust me on that. Plus the guy's about two punches away -- he's slurring his speech. I'm worried about the guy. Before I fight the guy, I want to see his medical reports. I don't want to be the guy leaving him being fed with a tube for the rest of his life. But as I said, it's easy money and money is my favorite.

He talks way to much for where his current status as a fighter is

Why is he even talking about Sanchez? Isn't he a fw? He should fight some top 10 fighters before even mentioning battle tested fighters in other weight classes

Please focus on your current division and make strides to break into the top 5-10 and contend for the title. And on rehabilitating your knee.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Why is he even talking about Sanchez? Isn't he a fw? He should fight some top 10 fighters before even mentioning battle tested fighters in other weight classes
    You should be asking "Why is he even being asked a question about Sanchez?"

McGregor talks far too much, certainly, but it's not like he chased down a hack reporter, got him in a headlock and made him record the statements without anyone asking him any questions. The state of MMA journalism is dreadful, and has been for a very long time. Sports journalism in general sucks, MMA journalism sucks even more.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I use to really like Cormier at first as well when he seem quiet and respectful like Fedor, but then he just kept talking and talking. Same here, liked the fights I saw with McGregor, but just talks way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    He talks way to much for where his current status as a fighter is

I like McGregor's shit talking. I just really, really hope he can back all of it up.

People will kick him so hard when he's down sooner or later.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    You should be asking "Why is he even being asked a question about Sanchez?"

McGregor talks far too much, certainly, but it's not like he chased down a hack reporter, got him in a headlock and made him record the statements without anyone asking him any questions. The state of MMA journalism is dreadful, and has been for a very long time. Sports journalism in general sucks, MMA journalism sucks even more.

rh

Good point, but what would possess one of those idiots to bring up Sanchez. Maybe they thought Conor was a lw?

Connor is a LW, he held the FW and LW title at the same time in the last promotion he fought in. And has stated many times he will move to LW after he has the FW title in the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

So what? It's just trash-talk hype in order to stay relevant while injured. Why even regard it with any concern?

Thread Information