Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McGregor: 'I don't want to be the guy leaving' Diego Sanchez being fed with a tube

What is the point of this fight aside from seeing Diego get mauled so bad that he mumbles and stumbles on words on Twitter too?

I don't get why people think McGregor's some sort of unbeatable beast? Joseph Duffy barely worked up a sweat taking him down and tapping him yet people think Diego Sanchez, a noted amateur wrestler and Grapplers Quest hall of famer will struggle with McGregor, a guy who's been tapped by blue belts across the uk in comps over the last few years.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    I don't get why people think McGregor's some sort of unbeatable beast? Joseph Duffy barely worked up a sweat taking him down and tapping him yet people think Diego Sanchez, a noted amateur wrestler and Grapplers Quest hall of famer will struggle with McGregor, a guy who's been tapped by blue belts across the uk in comps over the last few years.
    Cuz the UFC promo machine tells them he is some sort of unbeatable beast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    McGregor is not unbeatable. His technique is impeccable when compared to that of Diego Sanchez. When's the last time Diego utilized his takedowns and GNP to a win? Diego likes to stand and bang.

If Diego utilizes the same driving takedowns he once had, he will have an easy day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    McGregor is not unbeatable. His technique is impeccable when compared to that of Diego Sanchez. When's the last time Diego utilized his takedowns and GNP to a win? Diego likes to stand and bang.

If Diego utilizes the same driving takedowns he once had, he will have an easy day at the office.
    I agree McGregor's technique on the feet is great but there are a lot of strikers in the ufc that'd make a mess of him, Diego is a far more technical grappler than Conor is a technical striker.

B.J Penn

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Let's not get confused here. It's not that Diego likes to stand and bang but instead he is forced to stand and bang. Diego in all of his fights goes for the takedowns aggressively. I honestly can't think of one of his fights where he didn't attempt at least a couple of takedowns. The thing is that Diego's opponents know that he is a much much better grappler than a striker, so they know the takedowns are coming and are prepared for them. The last few guys he fought (Melendez, Gomi, Ellenberger, Kampmann) all have great TDD. So once he knows that he can't get the takedown, and given that his striking is almost always worse than his opponents, he turns it into a sloppy brawl where the odds nearly become 50/50. This is why he tries to take a measured approach in the first 1 or 2 rounds with his TDs, but then goes for broke when it doesn't work.

With McGregor, I don't think his TDD is comparable to the guys I just mentioned. If Diego takes him down, he has his way with McGregor. If he doesn't for some reasons, he gets picked apart.

Lil off topic, but where the hell is Gunnar Nelson?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    He was supposed to fight Mike Pyle but got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    He's back in full training will most likely be fighting in March, also recently had a lucky escape in a car crash.

B.J Penn

Barnatt: Conor McGregor team buys twitter followers

Rising British star, TUF 17's Luke Barnatt appeared on Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour, and accused Conor McGregor of having a fake following on Twitter.

"Paradigm is the management company that I believe that Conor McGregor is under," said Barnatt as transcribed by B/R. "They have this interesting concept that they believe that your following is depicted by how many people you have on Twitter, so your whole MMA following, if you've got followers on Twitter, then obviously you’re a big deal, and they find that easier to go out and get sponsorships and make you look important.

"So they employ this thing called Tweetbot. You pay a certain amount of money, and you get these fake followers. So they’re built and they’re made by a computer, and they follow certain people. If you go through the followers, the Paradigm guys, not all of them but some of them, you’ll find these rival accounts that make up a lot of the percentage for people who is following. Yeah it makes them look like they’re a big deal, it makes them look like they’ve got lots of fans, and it makes them look important."

"I’m not jealous of Conor, he’s a cool guy. I've met him a few times. But I just think if you want to be fake and you pretend like you’re a big deal by getting all of these followers then calling out people like Diego Sanchez is weak, and things like that start to irritate me. If you’re going to call somebody out, for one you call somebody out in your own weight division, and number two, you call somebody out who is coming off of a win. You don’t call somebody out who’s a loser. What’s the point in that? It don’t make much sense in my eyes."

Thread Information