Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: UFC Fight Night 30 LIVE DISCUSSION *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The logical assumption is Belfort/Machida in Brazil.
    That's what I'd go with and makes the most sense

I don't think 100k or what ever Mark made is worth getting a concussion for, I am sure when you hit your 60s, he would rather have a little less money, and a little less dementia.

I would not take a suit case full of 100K in return of getting KOed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Hard to feel pity with those paychecks!

Would kill to see Anderson versus Machida.

You seem pretty set on AS winning the rematch.. I feel Weidman takes it even more convincingly this time.. And thats only possible because of the people that thought AS through the first one
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    So can we put away the debate that training partners and really good friends should or should not fight each other? I felt bad for Machida and to be honest Munoz didn't look like he wanted to be in there at all. Rough way to go whether professional or not. I do not want to see training partners fight each other ever.
    Yea, and they only trained together on occasion, it would be even more extreme if they were brought up in the same gym together like lyoto and anderson were. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy when fighters choose to fight close teammates to see who really is the best, but I respect their point of view if they don't want to fight.

Good for Machida, hopefully now he can win some fights in a row. Because in the last years it has been as KO win-Dec loss-KO win-Dec loss and so on.

Can anyone explain me how things work when a fight gets stopped because of an illegal strike? Because everytime there are different outcomes.

Bisping stopped Belcher with an illegal strike and he was declared winner!!!
    Jones stopped Hamill with an illegal strike and he was declared loser!
    Guillard stopped Pearson with an illegal strike and the fight was declared a NC.

So how does it work?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I don't think 100k or what ever Mark made is worth getting a concussion for, I am sure when you hit your 60s, he would rather have a little less money, and a little less dementia.

I would not take a suit case full of 100K in return of getting KOed like that.
    They know what they are getting themselves into and signed up for. This isnt Golf or Tennis for Christ sake. They make the big bucks for a reason! There is nothing from that kick that tells me Mark Munoz is going to suffer permanent damage to his brain and have dementia. These guys know when it is time to stop and hang it up and they are doing severe injury to themselves down the road... Munoz doesnt strike me as being hit too many times such as say Muhammad Ali.

Along with you, I would also do just about anything to see Machida vs Anderson Silva at MW

Thread Information