Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 30 LIVE DISCUSSION *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Indeed. That cut looks pretty freaking gnarly.
    Idk about gnarly, nasty maybe lol

I'm actually really upset that ended like that... That had FOTN written all over it just the way it started off. Praying Machida and Munoz bring it!

enter "The Dragon" WAR MACHIDA!

Bullshit. Pearson was playing a fucking game trying to avoid the knees. I thought they were changing that rule? Fuck fighters who try to play that game. Melvin got robbed. Pearson got saved by a bullshit rules. Talking about he was illegally attacked. He put his hand down to draw the foul.

Should have been a fucking dq. The no contest is bs. YOURE responsible for your attacks, if yiure not able to do so within the rules, and the fight is stopped its a dq. Its not like an accidental eye poke that stops the fight.

IMO, Pearson just skated away from an easy L on his record. Melvin was touching him up and was getting off some nice, hard shots and I don't think Pearson' MT would've been workable with just hanging and brawling with Melvin.

I really don't care for the rule and always think back to when Rich Franklin on TUF 4 suggested to Matt Serra that he start rounds on one knee/hand on the ground so opponents couldn't kick(since Serra was so short), which was always my most crystalizing example of using the rule to "play the game".

I disagree with a dq. When you're fighting, especially in a scramble like that. Shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Indeed. That cut looks pretty freaking gnarly.
    I dunno what you were looking at, but it didnt look that bad to me. Cue up Diego Sanchez's gaping Vagina forehead if you want to see "gnarly" or Cain splitting Brock Lesnar's cheek wiiide open.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Bullshit. Pearson was playing a fucking game trying to avoid the knees. I thought they were changing that rule? Fuck fighters who try to play that game. Melvin got robbed. Pearson got saved by a bullshit rules. Talking about he was illegally attacked. He put his hand down to draw the foul.
    Fuck yeah he was! Melvin didnt purposefully throw any illegal strike at all... I'm totally pissed at how that just went down.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Should have been a fucking dq. The no contest is bs. YOURE responsible for your attacks, if yiure not able to do so within the rules, and the fight is stopped its a dq. Its not like an accidental eye poke that stops the fight.
    With an eye poke you can at least keep your fingers closed in a fist instead of pawing at someone. When your coming out of a scramble trying to finish a fight its a little hard to stop and look and see if the guy is touching the mat to prevent you from kneeing him or actually trying to fight and scramble out of the situation.

Thank god they ruled it a NC and not an L for Melvin.. Those were on the fence borderline but I thought Melvin won when the fight was stopped.. Melvin was on his way to another big W
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Am I the only one thinking that Iaquinta/Jury II could be a HELLUVA fight going forward???

Thread Information