Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Machida would fight Silva for title

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Machida now ranked 5th at MW.

Bisping ranked 4th, yet he lost to the tenth ranked guy less than a year ago...
    how the fuck do they have Bisping at #4!?

I want what drugs they are on please because it's clearly good shit

Bisping should be No. 8 or 9 at best. He is a good fighter but not a Top 5 at all.

Another very good fight would be Machida vs Jacare.

And as for his talk about willing to fight Anderson for the belt, first of all let's see if Silva can win back the belt.
    Secondly I think that Machida realized that has to do what the UFC wants if he wants to wear gold again. He (very rightfully) declined to fight Jones in short notice and since then, he has not be even close to getting a title shot.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Another very good fight would be Machida vs Jacare.
    I'm down with Machida vs Souza! that would be a good one too

Talk is cheap.

Lyoto Machida sees clear path to UFC's middleweight title
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...leweight-title
    "I want to go down in history and make a name for myself in the UFC," Machida told USA TODAY Sports. "I want to do what these guys did because it would be a very rare thing that very few guys have done."

Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) meets Dan Henderson (29-10 MMA, 6-4 UFC) in the featured contest of Saturday's fight card, which airs on FOX Sports 1 (8 p.m. ET). While the bout is being contested at 205 pounds, UFC President Dana White confirmed an impressive performance from Belfort could earn him the title shot for which he's recently lobbied.

But should Henderson prove victorious, as he did when the pair first met in 2006, UFC officials will be looking for another title contender to emerge and face the winner of December's UFC 168 headliner between current champion Chris Weidman (10-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) and the man he beat for the title, Anderson Silva (33-5 MMA, 16-1 UFC).

Should Machida prove victorious in his Feb. 8 fight with Gegard Mousasi (34-3-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) – and should Belfort lose his spot in line on Saturday night – Machida is confident he'll be worthy of a shot at the belt, even if it's wrapped around the waist of longtime friend Silva.

"We don't know if Anderson is going to keep fighting," Machida said. "He's been a champion for so long, for so many years. He said it himself: 'If I have to fight with Lyoto, I'd rather give up the belt because I've been a champion for so long.'"

And so Machida's path to the title and UFC history are quite clear. He just needs a little help along the way. He'll be cageside on Saturday night to see if the first hurdle will be cleared. Either way, he likes his chances of getting to the top of the UFC's middleweight division.

"Switching divisions, making this whole new change, was like a new chapter in my career," the 35-year-old said. "This is a new moment for me. "

Lyoto Machida: Silva would forego title claim for me
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-claim-for-me/

Since dropping to the middleweight division, people have asked Lyoto Machida about a potential fight with friend and training partner Anderson Silva. Machida has been adamant in his position that neither would want a fight or participate in one. Machida has even said recently that Silva would step aside for him to have a title shot:

However, Machida believes that Silva, who’s already posted a UFC record 10 consecutive title defenses, may not be so interested in another championship reign as he is in super fights in and out of his usual weight class. That means if Machida and Silva eventually appear on a collision course, the fight could still be avoided.

“I always say Anderson is on another level,” Machida said. “He was the champion for about six or seven years. We even talked about it. He said he already was the champ for a long time, that he wants to remain in the promotion and have super fights. And in case we have to fight, he said he’d even forgo any claim to the belt so I could have my shot.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    If Silva beats Weidman, you would think it would be hard for his camp to say, we are not fighting Lyoto, Vitor or Jacare.
    Anderson is not beating Weidman.
    this point is moot.

and according to sportbook, i will be taking the +235 with some good cash and rake it in.

H.

Lyoto will be chasing CW but he aint catchin' him.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information