Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendricks' goal is to put GSP away with his right hand

I have heard this a few times now but have only seen it from the guy I never imagined could do it.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Hendrick's stuffs the takedown and KO's GSP.
    BooYah!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Hendricks is ridiculously predictable. He has his wrestling and his overhand right. That's it. A massive mistake for him to make is to discredit GSP's wrestling. GSP can do anything, anywhere, and Hendricks will find this out the hard way.

Everyone was so worried about Kos's overhand right. GSP completely made it a non-issue. Granted, Kos' shot is much more looping, where Hendricks' is more straight ahead, but I am sure GSP's camp will fully prepare him for that. What then? Once Hendricks discovers that GSP is easily his match, or even better at "MMA wrestling", what then? He is done.

I guess he thinks GSP is going to stand right in front of him and not move behind his jab a la Kampmann, Fitch, and Waldburger.

He has his wrestling and his overhand right.
    It's a left that GSP has to worry about. Hendricks is talking about showing off some newer techniques in a title fight which won't last too long as he'll revert to his old ways pretty quickly.

It's also just as looping but he throws it with less body IMO. The issue is he ducks his head and looks down often when throwing it. That's good if GSP thinks he's stepping out and stays in the pocket. What I see happening is GSP jabbing and stepping out all night long until Hendricks is a bloody mess or resorts only to telegraphing takedown attempts.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 10-28-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Hendricks is easily GSP's toughest fight to date. It has nothing to do with his power but the fact GSP might have finally ran into a guy that is his equal in wrestling. When you look at their two common opponents (Kos and Condit) they have the same exact numbers. Both guys had about 30% takes against Kos and 75% takedowns against Condit. I know it's only paper but thats why this fight is going to be tough for GSP. If Hendricks can be GSP's equal in wreslting or even out wrestle him that will mean GSP will need to take more risk striking which will give Hendricks more of a chance to land his power shots.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Anyone else remember back when GSP could strike?? We may see it again here. Ever since Serra caught him he has shied away from really striking with anyone. I believe GSP is the more technical fighter on the feet. Could be a great fight, or a very boring one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Such a false statement. Like a really far out there ridiculous statement.
    ^^this.

Return of remind me again what he did to the following fighters; Koscheck, Penn, Sera, Fitch, Diaz, Condit, Alvez, etc, etc if he shied away from striking with them.

Johny Hendricks Reveals How Much Weight He Cuts For Fights
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/11/...ts-for-fights/

Johny Hendricks walks around well over 200 pounds.

But, once he gets closer to a fight, Hendricks begins shedding the pounds.

He’s currently in the process of doing just that, as “Bigg Rigg” takes on UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre next Saturday at UFC 167.

“I follow The Dolce Diet for every training camp,” wrote Hendricks, who conducted a Q&A session on Twitter Thursday night. “Mostly lean protein and whole foods. I lose 45 lbs in 8 weeks.”

A bit off topic (I do not want to make a new thread only for this). But I just watched a primetime episode for GSP vs Hendricks and Johnny's dad said that his son was doing 400-500 push ups everyday when he was 9-10 years old.

Maybe I do not understand something, but is that really possible??? How a 10 year old can do 500 pushups??
    Seriously if that is true then I am maybe the weakest person ever, without a rest I can do only about 50 pushups.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Hendricks is easily GSP's toughest fight to date. It has nothing to do with his power but the fact GSP might have finally ran into a guy that is his equal in wrestling. When you look at their two common opponents (Kos and Condit) they have the same exact numbers. Both guys had about 30% takes against Kos and 75% takedowns against Condit. I know it's only paper but thats why this fight is going to be tough for GSP. If Hendricks can be GSP's equal in wreslting or even out wrestle him that will mean GSP will need to take more risk striking which will give Hendricks more of a chance to land his power shots.
    When you look at their two common opponents Johny lost IMO where GSP beat the tar out of them. GSP have fought five rounds forever Johny hasn't once yet and fades by 3 rounds.. Outside the "lucky" punch Johny's in for a looooonnng night.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 11-08-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Thread Information