Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Lyoto Machida did a fantastic thing for MMA this Saturday

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Jones in the same boat as Palhares...really??
    ...are you really questioning what I just said?

    Countless illegal blows throughout his UFC tenure. Completely reckless strikes. Illegal knees, illegal kicks, illegal elbows. What a sportsman.

    Kicking people in the knee straight on in order to injury them to stop the fight. What a sportsman.

    Dropping Quinton Jackson on his head and face between rounds. What a sportsman.

    Dropping an unconcious Lyoto Machida on his face. What a sportsman.

    Oh, and you know...Jon Jones took it upon himself to take a joy ride in his car with passengers while drunk. He endangered their lives and anyone else on the road. What a caring guy. A guy who really cares about the wellbeing of others. Endangering the lives of others? No big deal.


    So yes, really...REALLY...If you think for one second that Jon Jones gives a single fuck about the safety or well being of others, then you, sir, are delusional. Palhares is a model UFC employee in comparison to Jon Jones in and out of the octagon.

    Jon Jones is a scumbag. And that's not fighter bashing in the slightest. He's an amazing fighter. But, he's also a shitty person.
    Last edited by Ramma; 10-28-2013 at 05:32 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    ...are you really questioning what I just said?

    Countless illegal blows throughout his UFC tenure. Completely reckless strikes. Illegal knees, illegal kicks, illegal elbows. What a sportsman.

    Kicking people in the knee straight on in order to injury them to stop the fight. What a sportsman.

    Dropping Quinton Jackson on his head and face between rounds. What a sportsman.

    Dropping an unconcious Lyoto Machida on his face. What a sportsman.

    Oh, and you know...Jon Jones took it upon himself to take a joy ride in his car with passengers while drunk. He endangered their lives and anyone else on the road. What a caring guy. A guy who really cares about the wellbeing of others. Endangering the lives of others? No big deal.


    So yes, really...REALLY...If you think for one second that Jon Jones gives a single fuck about the safety or well being of others, then you, sir, are delusional. Palhares is a model UFC employee in comparison to Jon Jones in and out of the octagon.

    Jon Jones is a scumbag. And that's not fighter bashing in the slightest. He's an amazing fighter. But, he's also a shitty person.
    This is precisely how I feel about him. Great fighter, horrible person.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Kicking people in the knee straight on in order to injury them to stop the fight. What a sportsman.
    I can agree with everything else except for this, if it isn't illegal, how is this technique un-sportsman like?

    Regarding Machida's self control during battle, does anyone think he could have launched one more blow if lets say knocked out another Middleweight that wasn't his friend?

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremo View Post
    I can agree with everything else except for this, if it isn't illegal, how is this technique un-sportsman like?

    Regarding Machida's self control during battle, does anyone think he could have launched one more blow if lets say knocked out another Middleweight that wasn't his friend?
    It's about honor. In my gym those knees are frowned upon and can get you kicked out those knee strikes are a means to HURT your opponent, they serve no other purpose than to tear, break or seriously cripple someone for a cheap win. In the mma community those strikes are considered cheap shots like low blows and eye gouges. In the street you're fighting for your life and to seriously hurt your opponent. In the ring, cage or whatever there should be no real animosity. Jon Jones is a scumbag plain and simple he pretends to be some honorable martial artist but that only fools some people. I respect his skills and think he could still be just as good without his cheap shots but I hold no allusions in comparing him with Lyoto or Silva when is comes to honor. Jones wouldn't have won his last fight without those cheap shots I give props to Alex for lasting as long as he did I wonder if his knee was alright afterward.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Honor is over rated. He is fighting and should use all the legal strikes and tools at his disposal. Push kicks to the knees, foot stomps, covering peoples mouths with gloves, Cain's borderline headbutts, Wandy's soccer kicks, Franks 9 to 6 elbows the back of Tito's head, Keith Hackney's continous ball strikes are all legit. If it's legal go for it. MMA isn't about upholding traditional martial arts value. It is a combat sport and competition with specific strikes and tactics either being legal or illegal and who is better at utilizing those legal techniques.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Honor is over rated.
    Because if there is one thing we don't need more of in MMA, sports, and life in general...it's honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Honor is over rated.
    This sentiment is precisely what is wrong with society today.
    My Favorite Fighters

    1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Machida is a class act and one of my favorite fighters. That being said anyone who is fighting one of their friends is going to be less likely to thrash them after they're out.

    Also, I love how pretty much any thread can turn into a Jones hate thread around here. You could bring up countless examples of fighters striking other fighters after they are clearly out. Or you can just bring up Jones and rip on his fighting style and personal life.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Because if there is one thing we don't need more of in MMA, sports, and life in general...it's honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    This sentiment is precisely what is wrong with society today.

    QFT

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremo View Post
    I can agree with everything else except for this, if it isn't illegal, how is this technique un-sportsman like?

    Regarding Machida's self control during battle, does anyone think he could have launched one more blow if lets say knocked out another Middleweight that wasn't his friend?
    No diff then Dan hitting Bisping when he was clearly out and Rampage on Wandy etc, legal but dirty.

    Rua, Machida, Hunt, Robbie etc have shown real class in MMA.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 10-29-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •