Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alessio Sakara possibly retiring following first round submission loss

1. Default Alessio Sakara possibly retiring following first round submission loss

I follow Alessio on Facebook, but have to get things translated as he writes in Italian. He posted a long message which I had translated to me. It says he's struggling with the weight cut to MW and doesn't think he can compete at LHW. He is contemplating retiring but taking some time to think about it.

*10 kg=22 pounds or so.

It's difficult to answer everyone that wrote me in the days after the match. I'd like to answer everyone, but you're too much. What I write it's for all you. After my last match I feel destroyed, unhappy. It happens when I undestand that my train and my hardwork for a few moths are not enough, and I don't have the results I hope. I rtain a lot for this match, I've been training up to the limit like everytime. This work theaches me, every day, that only hardwork and sacrifice a part of my life I can obtain good results. I agree sacrifice because I love my work and I love fighting.

But sometimes, although my hard rules abouth weight that aren't good for my health (Alessio Sakara lost more or less 10kg for his matches). I love and i respect my work, but right now I don't know if I can be a competitive fighter like I'd like to be in 84kg, but I know I can't be a competitive fighter in 93 kg in the UFC. These are the reasons because, when I finished the last match, I gave my uncle Marcone (Marcone = big Marco) everything. I was very angry about an unequivocal awareness. I'll never stop to fight, but I need sometime to understand...

Alessio Sakara
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Didnt he have something like 3 different opponents for this fight that backed out at various points in the camp due to injury? That cant be easy on a guy trying to gameplan for a fighter.

I'm pretty sure he'll get cut from the UFC anyways, so it's probably best to just retire.
    I know Sakara=Excitement, but recently Sakara=Disappointment.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Pretty soon it will be Sakara=Retirement. OP is going to have to change his name.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

5. Default

Still too soon after a fight really to discuss the future with a fighter. Emotions must still be running high. I just hope he takes an adequate amount of time to make his decision, as Id rather see him stay retired if that's his choice, then making a comeback a year or so down the road because he really wasnt ready.

He can not compete with Top guys in the UFC, regardless of the division.
    But he would probably do fine in Bellator or WSOF
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He can not compete with Top guys in the UFC, regardless of the division.
    Yeah, but you can't have an organization that has nothing but top level guys who can compete with each other; or you'd only have like 5 guys per division; if that.

He's a fun fighter to watch, but at this point, he's not even a mid tier guy. He has become a bit of a small fish in a big pond; MW division is getting stacked.

Sadly enough, I think this is the end of the line for Alessio. He was talking retirement after the Weidman fight and now again.. If he does not have the physical health and fighters drive left in him, maybe it is for the best.

With the UFC talking about a Euro series planned for next year, maybe he will stick around and take another fight in Europe before packing it in.

9. Default

like Cats thoughts on the Euro thing.
    I do admire SE as he has stould behide Sakara through thick and thin

Thread Information