Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks Suffers 2nd Degree Burns During Promo Filming

Thanks for shining some light on this.
    You have to know what you don't know.

I think it was the (wait for it) ILLUMINATI!

Also, I was just about positive we'd see some old pictures resurface in the thread.....you guys are slipping.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

The hype for this fight is blisteringly intense.

I wonder watt the guys were thinking about the placement of those lights.

that promo video is gonna be sizzling

How funny would be if the main event got cancelled just a couple days after Dana mocked Bellator because their main event got cancelled.

Being said that, I really hope Hendricks comes in good shape and well prepared, because I want to see GSP put a good beating on him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Combo breaker.

I guess FG was right....Hendricks wouldn't be able to handle the bright lights of the main event
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

On topic, WOW. Imagine the ass-ripping the lighting guys and film crew took for this one. Seriously, you almost cost the main event and a guy's LONG-AWAITED title-shot because the lights were set up too close or too intense.

I would not want to be that guy.
    They'll be taking a lot of heat for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    How funny would be if the main event got cancelled just a couple days after Dana mocked Bellator because their main event got cancelled.

Being said that, I really hope Hendricks comes in good shape and well prepared, because I want to see GSP put a good beating on him.
    Why would that be funny? In fact why would it be funny for either GSP or Hendricks if one of them had to drop out of the fight? GSP is perhaps the hardest working champion and great ambassador for MMA, especially in Canada. Hendricks worked his ass off for a VERY WELL DESERVED title shot. It wouldnt affect the UFC, Dana, or whoever you think really owns the UFC, because the event is still well stacked that it could still continue as a PPV event. Sure, the buyrate may not be as high with no title match, but Sonnen/Evans is a solid fight to carry a PPV, along with Rory/Robbie, Kos/Woodley.

With the Bellator situation, why it was deserving for them to have the PPV cancelled was because they promoted the wrong guys for the main event. Two of the biggest drama queens in MMA got the nod for main event status, and neither earned that right. Bjorn also screwed over both Chandler and Alvarez in the process. Bellator did everything they could to retain Alvarez, and promised him PPV cut (which lets be honest, the majority of the PPV cut would have gone to Tito and Rampage), which now goes out the window. They also have been heavily promoting Chandler as the #1 LW in the world and even franchised him to a long term deal with Bellator but then they regulate him to co-main event status, giving him 3 rounds to defend his title when it should be 5. If Chandler is your franchise fighter, there is no way you put 2 out of their prime drama queens as the main event.

I dont find what happened to Bellator funny, but both Bjorn and Viacom had it coming for just going about this the wrong way.

Thread Information