Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Joey Beltran headlines Bellator 108 on Nov. 15

Default 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Joey Beltran headlines Bellator 108 on Nov. 15

'Rampage' Jackson vs. Joey Beltran headlines Bellator 108 on Nov. 15

With Tito Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) out of their planned Bellator 106 pay-per-view headliner, Quinton Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) instead will meet fellow UFC vet Joey Beltran (14-9 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) in Bellator 108's headliner.

Officials today announced the light-heavyweight matchup.

Bellator 108 takes place Nov. 15 at Ovation Hall at Revel Atlantic City. The main card airs on Spike TV following prelims on Spike TV.

"Rampage" was a centerpiece of this weekend's promotional push for Saturday's Bellator 106 event. However, when Ortiz dropped off the card with a fractured neck, Jackson also was pulled from the lineup, and the card shifted to Spike TV.

"I want to thank Joey Beltran for stepping up for the fight so I can get my first Bellator victory out of the way," Jackson stated. "He'll have the unfortunate honor of taking the ass-whooping I was going to give Tito. My body is in incredible shape right now. I feel like I did in PRIDE, and Joey Beltran is the right guy to put on an exciting fight and showcase what I’ve been working on."
    Well... had my laugh for the day. Enjoy

Is this the same Rampage speaking that they couldn't get into the gym on his little ego-piece on Spike?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I'd have preferred Bubba Ray.

And yet another UFC castoff joins the ranks of bellator...anyone give Beltran a chance vs page?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'd have preferred Bubba Ray.
    I was hoping the same thing when I read he wanted to fight. In all honesty Page would probably kill him in the ring. And worst case they would work the match, which would be bad for all of MMA.

Also Rampage vs Kongo would have been a good match if they went that way, but then that kills their HW tournament and etc. (unless Kongo's opponent mysteriously had an injury before the fight).

But Rampage vs Beltran should be a good brawl. You know Rampage is just going to want to stand and bang and Beltran will take one to give one. Although if Beltran were to wrestlefuck him, imagine the whining out of Rampage afterwards.

And if the Mexicutioner comes out on top in this, via KO or decision or whatever, there goes a big waste of money on paying Rampage and this fight with Tito that may never happen now (if anyone cared to see it anyways). This could be the whole Kimbo Slice-Seth Petruzelli thing over again where Bellator pays this 'big' star and he flops and takes the ship down with him.

I've often wondered if they had considered a worked match to cross-promote. Not that I think the AC's would even let it happen or that the guys are capable of it, I just wondered.

7. Default

Joey takes this.

That would be one hell of a kick in the crotch to that Rampage brand they've been trying to develop.

and afterwards... Ron Simmons is shown in the back... (just wait for it)... DAMN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Joey takes this.
    I think Beltron most definitely WANTS this more and from that, will come in looking to really push the pace and get Rampage on his heels and try and chop him down with legkicks. But I don't know if he takes it.

Quite surprised with the selection here, since Beltran's not a huge name, is a bit of a risky matchup and isn't a gimme that would be a Kimbo or Houston.

I did find it kinda funny that Rampage wasn't given Janitor however, arguably the most credible LHW available.....weird.

Thread Information