Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JDS: Cain didn't prove he was the better fighter

Seems like the last 2 fights with Cain have caused JDS to lose some brain cells, and a 4th fight would just make him lose a chromosome.

I have respect for JDS, fighter and person, and always found him to be a classy guy, but it seems like after both loses to Cain, he has a hard time giving him any credit for savagely beating him. His comments are typical for a standup fighter, "he didnt standup with me in the middle of the cage, and throw wild punches for a brawl, which would have favored me with the outcome. Instead he used a strategy, which incorporated his strengths, and beat me."

Now we all know anything can happen in a MMA fight, but judging from the last 2 fights, the healthier Cain comes into a fight, the less chances for JDS to win. If a 4th fight were to happen, and it was the same exact result, I think it would be safe to say that JDS KO win over Cain was a fluke, only in the sense that Cain came into the fight with a knee injury, hindering his mobility.

2. Default

What a moron. I can safely say I hate JDS now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    What a moron. I can safely say I hate JDS now.
    Wow. That escalated quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

JDS was lazy, he didn't fight hard enough in the clinch to force Cain to change tactics, if a fighter has a game plan you need to force him to change it mid-fight, JDS was content with being pushed into the fence and picked at for round after round,and Cain was happy to do it. JDS is atheltic,strong and has KO power,he should of pushed himself the first few rounds instead of saving for round 4&5.

As long as Cain is champion, JDS would need some BIG wins to even bring up a 4th fight, I can see it happening,but it'll be a tough sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    If this translation is correct, one has to think that he's trying to save some shred of face here so they could potentially sell a fourth fight in a year or two, since I still think JDS will walk through every other HW not named Cain and there's a high likelihood that JDS will eventually get himself another shot.
    What I read was JDS essentially saying Velasquez had a better strategy, not better skills.
    But I do think he's looking to market another fight.

That will probably go the same way, unless he does something incredibly drastic in the interim.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    What I read was JDS essentially saying Velasquez had a better strategy, not better skills.
    But I do think he's looking to market another fight.

That will probably go the same way, unless he does something incredibly drastic in the interim.

rh
    Would you not say using an effective strategy is a skill itself?

Love how JDS is implying Cain fought safely.

In the process of him allegedly fighting safely he absolutely dominated JDS and caused him pretty significant damage. So JDS should be happy then cause if that's Cain fighting safely he might have put him in the hospital for a lot longer if he was more aggressive.

He basically said that it is not that Cain is a better fighter, it is just that he came with a better strategy.

And well, I am sorry, but after a 10 round domination, I do not know what else Cain has to do to prove that he is a better fighter.

I see Cigano changing team in a near future, because it seems that he is not happy at all with the strategy his team prepared for the fight.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Would you not say using an effective strategy is a skill itself?
    I'd say having a strategy is certainly a skill.
    I'd say employing a strategy is yet another level of skill.

But what I say and what JDS says are two different things, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Love how JDS is implying Cain fought safely.
    I'm not saying anything other than Cain was absolutely dominant, but I'm also saying he fought safely. That was part of the strategy.

In the process of him allegedly fighting safely he absolutely dominated JDS and caused him pretty significant damage. So JDS should be happy then cause if that's Cain fighting safely he might have put him in the hospital for a lot longer if he was more aggressive.
    I have to disagree here. Cain certainly caused damage, he certainly was dominant; but he's the one with the broken jaw and the longer medical suspension. I think if Cain abandoned his strengths and fought JDS's fight, he'd get KO'd again. He's not a better striker than JDS, not by a long shot. But he's a more complete fighter, and thus he wins.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He basically said that it is not that Cain is a better fighter, it is just that he came with a better strategy.

And well, I am sorry, but after a 10 round domination, I do not know what else Cain has to do to prove that he is a better fighter.

I see Cigano changing team in a near future, because it seems that he is not happy at all with the strategy his team prepared for the fight.
    Didnt he also say how Cain had the luxury of having a TOP 3 HW in Cormier as a teammate to help prepare for the fight when Joe Rogan was interviewing him? And then in a 'by the way" kinda way said he did too. Just seemed like he was annoyed that his teammates weren't that good enough to help him prepare.

To be the best, you need to train with the best. I dont know how much JDS trains with other other fighters, or if he brings anyone in to help him prepare, but he can't really rely on Big Nog for his BJJ training or Lil Nog, who is always injured. He's gonna have to let go of his stubbornness that his boxing coach is the best (I'm sure he is to help beat other HW but not Cain).

You show your real character in how you handle losses, and seems like after both losses to Cain, JDS is very bitter about how Cain fought him.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

I have to disagree here. Cain certainly caused damage, he certainly was dominant; but he's the one with the broken jaw and the longer medical suspension. I think if Cain abandoned his strengths and fought JDS's fight, he'd get KO'd again. He's not a better striker than JDS, not by a long shot. But he's a more complete fighter, and thus he wins.

rh
    ACtually the report of Cain having a broken jaw turned out to be untrue. AKA has questioned the AC as to why they reported Cain will be medically suspended for a false report. Cain was there in the post-fight conference, and didnt seem like he was speaking with an alleged broken jaw.

And while I think JDS is a better boxer, I would say Cain may be the better striker, as he employs more kicks and knees. Cain does move better, feet and head, keeps his hands up, all of which JDS abandons during the fight. If it's stand up boxing game, JDS might get the edge but if it's a striking battle, Cain throws more kicks, and if he can grab a hold of JDS's head for a clinch, he might be the one throwing a lot more knees.
    Last edited by MMA4EVERRR; 10-31-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Thread Information