Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JDS: Cain didn't prove he was the better fighter

For the people who just want to see Cain stand and bang in the center of the ring, I am not sure why they watch MMA. There is boxing/kickboxing for that. You can't get much more of a beatdown than what Cain did to JDS. If it weren't for JDS's naturally tough chin, he would have eaten the canvas early and nobody would have been talking about this "fence fighting".

To me it sounded like JDS was saying that he would have won had he implemented his game plan and not Cain his. Well, yeah dude. You may think that Cain isn't the better fighter, but for damn near a full hour, he was. I really think JDS has real talent and potential, but his wrestling and technique against the cage needs some crazy improvement if he wants to put a serious stamp on the HW division.
    You have to know what you don't know.

JDS got Couture'd. Total imposition of will by Cain.

That's what I kept yelling when I watched it. Randy should have charged royalties for using his gameplan in that fight. Reminded me of Randy/Sylvia all the way up to and including Cain outboxing him on the exchanges.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Didnt he also say how Cain had the luxury of having a TOP 3 HW in Cormier as a teammate to help prepare for the fight when Joe Rogan was interviewing him? And then in a 'by the way" kinda way said he did too. Just seemed like he was annoyed that his teammates weren't that good enough to help him prepare.

To be the best, you need to train with the best. I dont know how much JDS trains with other other fighters, or if he brings anyone in to help him prepare, but he can't really rely on Big Nog for his BJJ training or Lil Nog, who is always injured. He's gonna have to let go of his stubbornness that his boxing coach is the best (I'm sure he is to help beat other HW but not Cain).
    Yes I also noticed how he said that Cain has great training partners, and then, kinda like just to be polite to his training partners he said "I have good training partners too".

Indeed he has to maybe try a different training camp. I think it would be awesome if he joins AKA and trains with the great training partners that Cain has, and with Cain himself.
    Obviously it is possible that someday they will fight again, but that will be in a very long time, and JDS would improve a lot training with Top fighters.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Great minds think alike.

Cain's skillset beat JDS's skillset. He is the better fighter, period!

I wonder how that matchup would have played out in Pride, though. Ropes and standups/stalls would have changed it but my gut tells me that a ten minute first round would simply make Cain's job easier.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I love JDS, and really hate Cain...but come on Cigano.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information