Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JDS: Cain didn't prove he was the better fighter

I am confused by JDS strategy during the fight. He kept backing up straight toward the cage and never tried to circle and create separation. I would love to see a 4th fight IF JDS came in with a different strategy. He caught Cain in the first fight, and with a better game plan he would have a chance to catch Cain again. It would make the fight interesting and competitive. I think the end results would be the same, but Cain would have to work for it a little more.

I do agree that Cain is just simply the better fighter, however I think with a better game plan it would be closer than we have seen so far.

2. Default

If we're going to cite the first fight for JDS to have success and try to find a game plan to beat Cain, he better hire Tanya Harding as a strategist.

The last two fights weren't competitive or particularly entertaining. A fourth fight would be a very difficult sell. JDS is increasingly hard to like and his refusal to acknowledge Cain as the superior fighter only makes things worse for him.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    If we're going to cite the first fight for JDS to have success and try to find a game plan to beat Cain, he better hire Tanya Harding as a strategist.
    So, what you are saying is that the first fight has no bearing what so ever? I believe the first fight shows that JDS has a chance if he can catch Cain. In fights 2 and 3 he just backs up and leans against the cage while getting mauled. The first fight never made it to the cage, it was fought in the middle.

Now, I am guessing you are using the Cain was hurt angle by throwing in Tanya (isn't it Tonya?) Harding reference which makes me wonder if you are missing my point completely.

JDS has the power to KO or knock down Cain. He can not do it against the cage. His game plan sucked in fights 2 and 3. Fight 1 didn't go long enough to even see a game plan. If they fight a 4th time down the road JDS has to come up with a different strategy (circling away instead of backing up, keep it in the middle, create distance and separation)

I still think Cain would win, he has shown to be the better fighter and would probably still get the fight up against the cage. I do, however think that with a better game plan JDS can make it interesting, and would have a punchers chance.

5. Default

"The Cain was hurt angle"? I think you mean the "Cain tore his knee up just before the fight" angle. The only reason it was in the middle of the cage was because Cain was immobile. So yes, what Im saying is, if JDS wants a chance, he needs to pay someone to smash Cain's knee again before they fight.

6. Default

JDS would have to hit Cain behind the ear again. JDS didnt hit Cain on the chin and drop him, he hit him behind the ear. Such a huge aspect people are ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    JDS would have to hit Cain behind the ear again. JDS didnt hit Cain on the chin and drop him, he hit him behind the ear. Such a huge aspect people are ignoring.
    You don't think that JDS could drop Cain with a good shot to the chin?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    You don't think that JDS could drop Cain with a good shot to the chin?
    Yes he could. Anybody would drop to the ground with a good shot to the chin. Fejaio connected with clean shot to Hendo's chin and sent Dan falling back 6 feet to the ground. The thing is unlike in the first fight where Cain came in with a bad knee, hindering his mobility, he didnt press the action from the start, and basically stood in front of JDS for one minute and got rocked.

In the last fight, JDS came straight to the middle and threw some heavy hands and even connected on Cain, but Cain just walked though all the shots and was still charging forward. It's gonna be hard to catch a guy clean if he's keeping his hands up and constantly moving his legs and head. Not to mention JDS committing to big swinging punches early on, which just depleted his gas tank to stop moving forward.

Not to mention that JDS's head never moved while he was throwing shots and Cain was able to counter and find him on nearly every exchange. He REALLY needs to move behind his shots or he will continue to eat that 1-2 following his punches.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information