Thread: Sonnen unhappy with promotion of UFC 167

Default Sonnen unhappy with promotion of UFC 167

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...on-of-UFC-167/

As big of an event as it is, co-main fighter Chael Sonnen feels like his company isn't doing enough to promote the event:

"You know, I'm on the card and I'm a huge fan. And outside of my fight and St. Pierre's, I don't know who else is fighting that night. The card as a whole has not been promoted. I think when you have Georges St. Pierre on a card, that at times they view that as enough. And it appears that that's the case. There's another storyline here as well that this is the 20th anniversary event of the UFC, so that's also been taking some headlines. But, I agree, I've seen the commercial and I saw the poster and Rashad and we weren't on either. That's up to them. They handle that, I handle the fighting."

2. Default

Well your interview Sonnen doesn't seem to be drawing much interest hear either.lol.

"I've seen the commercial and I saw the poster and Rashad and we weren't on either. That's up to them. They handle that, I handle the fighting.
    EXACTLY Chael. They handle that, you handle the fighting. So Shut-Up!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

dimerules28 Guest

Gsp has sold more ppv's then anybody in the history of the promotion then anyone. If chael and rashad werent on this card it litterally wouldnt change shit.

Well, Sonnen has not done anything to try to promote his fight.

Or maybe he just got tired of his trolling, so now he limits himself to just say 2 or 3 absolutely unfunny things about Wand and Lil Nog?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    EXACTLY Chael. They handle that, you handle the fighting. So Shut-Up!
    while i agree with you i also see where chael is coming from ive been scratching my head at the recent advirtsing tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well, Sonnen has not done anything to try to promote his fight.
    You sure about that?

If it was not for promo work put in by Sonnen, you wouldnt be responding to this interview question right now.

Heavy promotion usually takes place in the 2 weeks before the event. Advertising too far out doesn't yield any additional significant results.

Once the Kennedy / Natal card is over, the marketing machine will be in full swing.

Thread Information