Thread: Doug Marshall positive for banned substance, suspended by Pennsylvania commission

Default Doug Marshall positive for banned substance, suspended by Pennsylvania commission

Doug Marshall positive for banned substance, suspended by Pennsylvania commission

Bellator MMA middleweight Doug Marshall (18-7 MMA, 4-1 BMMA) failed a post-fight drug test following a knockout loss to champ Alexander Shlemenko (49-7 MMA, 10-1 BMMA) at this past month’s Bellator 109, according to a brief from TheMMAReport.com.

Marshall tested positive for an undisclosed banned substance and is suspended for an unknown period of time, the head of Pennsylvania’s athletic commission told the website.

A source familiar with the administrative action today told MMAjunkie that Marshall is suspended until Feb. 7 and must pay a fine, as well as retake a test, though the type of test is unknown.

As with most major state athletic commissions, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission tests for performance enhancers and drugs of abuse.

PSAC Executive Director Gregory Sirb and Marshall could not be reached for comment.

“Greg Sirb at the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission operates one of the best commissions in the country,” Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney stated in a prepared release. “Doug Marshall will have to adhere to any and every penalty that the Pennsylvania Commission delivers.

“When competing at the highest level, fighters are expected to train and prepare for their fights according to the rules and should fully expect to be tested at every Bellator event.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

can anyone say Roid Rage? Seriously it's probably some jacked up suppliment he was taking. Most of the time it's just some shot they get from GNC. Too bad, should have had his shit tested before he took it.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information