Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi official from UFC Brazil event on Feb. 8

Default Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi official from UFC Brazil event on Feb. 8

Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi official from UFC Brazil event on Feb. 8
    By Chris Hall @Chris81203 on Nov 1 2013, 6:19p

The Dragon vs The Dreamcatcher has been confirmed for an upcoming event in Brazil.

Last week, former Light Heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida made his debut as a Middleweight at UFC Fight Night 30. He quickly disposed of opponent Mark Munoz with a vicious headkick that finished the fight in the first round. Following such an impressive debut, many were wondering what would be next for The Dragon.
    After the bout, UFC president Dana White a potential fight with Vitor Belfort. However, another challenger appeared when former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight championGegard Mousasi called out Machida on Twitter. Now, Combate has confirmed that Mousasi got what he asked for.
    Machida and Mousasi will square off as the main event of an upcoming UFC show in Jaragua do Sul in Brazil. This will be Mousasi's debut as a UFC Middleweight, although he has fought in the division before.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/1...l-event-on-feb
    So there you go. Follow the link for the entire article, should be a barnburner...

Damn called that 2 and just popped a chub.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

3. Default

Lyoto will work him pretty good.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Lyoto will work him pretty good.
    I'm not sure about that. Lyoto is a GREAT fighter but wouldn't you agree that Mousasi is as good or at least more accomplished in nearly every area of the sport? Granted, he's not more accomplished as a MMA fighter which is a pretty big deal lol.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I'm happy to see Mousasi back. I hope he's more active in the future.

I think Machida takes it, but it'll be a damn good fight. I still want Machida to kick Vitor into another dimension.

Healthy Mousasi at a more natural 185 is a helluva danger. This immediately became my "most anticipated" upcoming fight, unless Jim Miller is booked against a grizzly bear!

Side note: Jim Miller is the baddest motherfucker on the planet and I wish he was my dad.

Wow, this fight interest me more than machida vs. Belfort. Not sure how the surgerys going to affect his performance. I like mousasi but machidas one of fav fighter, so, I'll definetly be rooting for him to win. War machida!

Lyoto Machida opens as -340 favorite for UFC bout vs. Gegard Mousasi
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...gegard-mousasi
    Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida has opened as a more than 3-to-1 favorite against former Strikeforce champ Gegard Mousasi for their fight in February in Brazil.

Veteran oddsmaker Joey Oddessa on Friday confirmed the opening line with MMAjunkie.com.

You don't think machida is a great fighter?

As far as mousasi, he's a very good grappler on the mat, awesome striker with KO power, and he has a great chin.

I'd say his stoic demeanor has a lot to do with his lackluster performances. He's content to simply win fights and hasn't looked incredibly challenged in any fight.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information