Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi official from UFC Brazil event on Feb. 8

This has fireworks written all over it! Machida at 185 is just a wetdream of great matchups, this being one of them
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He's content to simply win fights and hasn't looked incredibly challenged in any fight.
    Mainly because he hasn't exactly faced much top level competition.

He needs to fight some top 10's and on a much more regular basis. Machida is a good start.

I hope this fight lives up to what I want it to be. Can't wait.

Lyoto is a GREAT fighter but wouldn't you agree that Mousasi is as good or at least more accomplished in nearly every area of the sport
    Lol....guess you missed that. It's all good.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

If Mousasi comes in shape, this will be one hell of a fight.
    Mousasi has serious KO power, awesome striking and very solid submission game. His weakness is wrestling, but it is not that Machida is a wrestler.

This fight will be very competitive IMO, and if Mousasi comes in shape, he may very well win this one.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I literally have no idea whats going on, lol.

I'm just disagreeing that Mousasi is a great fighter. More overhyped, running off potential and a run he had years ago.
    Relax, I said machida was a great fighter then stated that mousasi, on paper, was more decorated in most aspects of the game. That's all. I never called mousasi great.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Machida took UFC contract gamble - and won
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...gamble-and-won
    Lyoto Machida’s fight with Mark Munoz was a big gamble in more ways than one.

Not only was the former light-heavyweight champion making the drop to middleweight on short notice to face a top contender in an overseas fight, he was also on the final fight of his existing contract.

Losing in such a situation can be disastrous in terms of renegotiating your next deal - just ask heavyweight Roy Nelson, who lost a similar gamble against Stipe Miocic - but it worked out well for Machida thanks to a first-round head-kick KO.

“His win was actually bigger than we thought. I spoke to his manager and this was actually the last fight on Machida’s UFC contract,” UFC Tonight’s in-house reporter Ariel Helwani said on this week’s show.

“So his stock is a whole lot higher after his big win. He wants to fight Vitor Belfort next. But his manager believes Vitor doesn’t want to fight Lyoto.”

Machida told MMA Fighting this week that Belfort “would be the best fight for me right now because he’s well ranked in the middleweight division… Even if Vitor loses to Dan Henderson, I’d want to fight him in our weight class.”

Who would have ever thought a few years ago that this fight would actually happen. I really hope it is everything it could be, too!!

Two highly skilled strikers! We should be in for a real treat.

Weidman/Silva II, Vitor/Hendo, and Machida/Mousasi will start some exciting new gears in the MW division while the rest of the division claws their way back up. Fucking love it.

Also eagerly awaiting Bisping's return because I think he is screwed.

Let's see... Weidman, Silva, Vitor, Jacare, Machida, Bisping. Enough said. That Diaz fight should sound really nice after Machida kicked Munoz's head off last week. I also really want to see Bisping VS Rockhold.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

Thread Information