Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi official from UFC Brazil event on Feb. 8

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Really looking forward to this fight
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Machida is light years ahead of Mousais in the striking department. Machida by tko

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    Machida is light years ahead of Mousais in the striking department. Machida by tko
    I think Machida is light years ahead of Phil Davis and Jon Jones as well, but he never came close to a (T)KO against Davis and got caught by a Jones well timed punch, and he doesnt even have the life's worth of striking experience that Machida has.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I remember the Jones fight. So excited about the first round then Jones realized he can wrestle

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    I think Machida is light years ahead of Phil Davis and Jon Jones as well, but he never came close to a (T)KO against Davis and got caught by a Jones well timed punch, and he doesnt even have the life's worth of striking experience that Machida has.
    Machida was his own worst enemy in the Davis fight... he fights way to cautious against guys he is a better all around striker then and he gets beat because he allows the other guy to be more active in doing so (Davis, Rampage) or barely scraps by with a decision (Henderson). A slightly more confident and aggressive Machida beats pretty the vast majority of fighters at 185 and 205.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Machidas knees to the midsection lost him the Davis fight. To powerful of a wrestler in Davis to not get the takedown being in that close.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    I called for this fight years ago, but many on this board were of the opinion that Mousasi wasn't ready yet for the Dragon. Fair enough, but I called it back then and I'm calling it now, Mousasi wins this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

    "Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    I called for this fight years ago, but many on this board were of the opinion that Mousasi wasn't ready yet for the Dragon. Fair enough, but I called it back then and I'm calling it now, Mousasi wins this.
    I think he's UFC caliber, but I don't think he's on that Machida level
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  9. #39

    Default

    I am really happy to see both of them in the middle weight division now. I really don't want to see either guy lose though.



  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    Machida is light years ahead of Mousais in the striking department. Machida by tko
    Light years?? really? They have different styles and Machida probably has an advantage due to his stick move style but he's definitely not light years ahead of mousasi.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •