Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Mo not a fan of internet message boards

Default King Mo not a fan of internet message boards

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...essage-boards/

He also will look to shut up the shit talkers on the internet, although he doesn't read there comments:

“I don’t go to that many websites. For what? So I can go read a bunch of stuff from fans who don’t know (expletive)?” said Lawal when asked if the criticism from fans about his “lucky” comment bothered him.

“What are they gonna tell me about fighting? How can a (expletive) tell me about my jab when he’s never thrown a jab before?

“Let’s be real. That’s like me saying, ‘Hey, you’re frying that chicken wrong,’ when I ain’t ever fried a chicken in my life. Or, ‘Hey, you shouldn’t be cooking ribs that way,’ when I’ve never cooked ribs before. Or what about a pool? ‘That pool needs chlorine,’ when I have no idea what I’m talking about.”

Lawal has a message for critics (words that I’m not about to reprint here), and tells me to leave them a little reply in the MMAWeekly.com comment sections.

He says to tell them “that’s from King Mo.”

“They live on the internet,” he continues. “I have a life. I got family. I got friends. I got places to go. I don’t spend time lollygagging and posting on message boards. I’m better than that.”

Sounds like 2 jobs he would be doing if he was not a fighter....

Yeah, Internet message boards are dumb... Oh wait... Shit. Never mind...

I literally have all of those things he mentioned... That dowsnt prevent me from being on web forums in my spare moments. And while I get what he's saying... I understand how to do some things that I don't actually do. For instance, I've as well have never fried chicken... But I have seen it done many times. I know the ingredients, and I know the order to the process... I'm fairly confident if I saw someone doing it bass ackwards I could tell. Just sayin'. Could be wrong...

5. Default

I have a hard time believing he's never fried a chicken in his life...

He is right to a certain point. On the other side he should realize that no matter who he is, there are always going to be people that dislike him (his way of fighting). There are tons of people that talk bad about the likes of Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones, Cain velasquez, etc etc.

So if people criticize those great fighters, why he is that surprised that people criticize him when he is not a Top 5 fighter or anything close to that?
    How he expects people to like him when he is a pretty arrogant person?

Also, what makes him think that everybody that talk about him are lifeless idiots living in the basement of their mom?
    So if someone dislikes him it means automatically that he is a stupid fuck without a life? LOL
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    I have a hard time believing he's never fried a chicken in his life...

Skirt work.

He might be better than us, but he's a buttface.
    You have to know what you don't know.

“Let’s be real. That’s like me saying, ‘Hey, you’re spelling that word wrong,’ when I ain’t ever spelled a word in my life. Or, ‘Hey, you shouldn’t be reading books that way,’ when I’ve never learned no book readin before.

(the best quote didnt need changing)
    "Or... What about a pool?"

Ha ha, What about a pool?!?!. Awsome!

For the record, I still like Mo a lot, I think he got severely boned during the tail end of his SF deal with all of the horrible injuries, medical expenses and was to a large extent, backed into a corner where he needed to fight to pay bills and talent-wise, is a tremendous athlete who should be in the UFC.

That said, he can be a horrendously arrogant dick and he comes across really BAD in interviews. IMO, Mo has a brutal problem with self-editing and image control, if you track all of the stupid comments he's made in interviews and on Twitter over the past year alone, it's pretty astonishing. Mo has a very entitled attitude and puts across a superior posturing with fans-such as in this interview. He's one of those guys who PR firms would probably recommend don't use social media at all, at the risk of damaging his brand.

Thread Information