Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The "are you even watching bellator?" discussion

Am I the only person who has decided mo has zero chin at all?

I like newton as a dude but his striking is below amateur and he staggered mo more than a couple times with bs.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I don't care for Mo at all but I really expected him to dominantly avenge his loss, especially against someone who fought him like Newton did last night. Newton's spinning kicks, awkward stances and head placement, and constant switching back and forth from orthodox to southpaw just reminded me of an orange belt at afterschool karate or something. I really do not understand how in the hell Lawal lost that fight with the skills he possesses.

And then Newton's celebration... smfh.

Mo's worst loss, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Am I the only person who has decided mo has zero chin at all?

I like newton as a dude but his striking is below amateur and he staggered mo more than a couple times with bs.
    I was thinking about that at length, but when you really start to dissect Mo's career over the past few years, I think a confluence of his delusional striking acumen under Jeff Mayweather and his overall arrogance/superiority regarding his level of competition in Bellator, with the horrendous staph infection and knee injuries he had to endure(remember, that suspension was why he initially wasn't in the UFC and you can chart a marked downslide from there), I think he's just not the fighter he needs to be and I'm not too sure from that, if he'll ever get to where he needs to again.

They would have had more original success if they original tried to sell the card based on the 3 titles fights, while I wouldn't mind seeming Ortis/Rampage (...maybe 6 years ago...), any MMA fan who pays $50 to buy UFC PPVs knows both guys are way over the hill.

Main event was great last night, rest of fights were either ok to good.

I also didnt understand Mo. Newton was actually pretty predictable. He kept mostly throwing the 1 2 combo and later was just finishing it with the high kick. Then he'd paw his jab to back Mo and and switch to southpaw and hesitate on the spinning back kick before throwing. Mo could of laid him out, I don't understand how he didn't pick up Newtons ufc3 strategy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I also didnt understand Mo. Newton was actually pretty predictable. He kept mostly throwing the 1 2 combo and later was just finishing it with the high kick. Then he'd paw his jab to back Mo and and switch to southpaw and hesitate on the spinning back kick before throwing. Mo could of laid him out, I don't understand how he didn't pick up Newtons ufc3 strategy lol.
    Mo has physical gifts, he just isn't that great of a fighter. His hands were down by his waste way too much in that fight, which one of the commentators called a "karate stance" when Newton was doing it. Lmfao!
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

actually did turn it on after Arthur(TheKidInside) got my attention on Facebook.. was watching Florida State play football mainly but did catch the last couple fights. Bellator has decent shows usually just wouldnt pay for a PPV. Not ashamed to say I like BFC either

Chandler vs Alvarez should be a FOTY candidate for sure! way better fight than Melendez/Sanchez imo
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I was thinking about that at length, but when you really start to dissect Mo's career over the past few years, I think a confluence of his delusional striking acumen under Jeff Mayweather and his overall arrogance/superiority regarding his level of competition in Bellator, with the horrendous staph infection and knee injuries he had to endure(remember, that suspension was why he initially wasn't in the UFC and you can chart a marked downslide from there), I think he's just not the fighter he needs to be and I'm not too sure from that, if he'll ever get to where he needs to again.
    You're spot on with this and your past analyses. Mo definitely has not been the same since his knees went. Be it the severity or lack of effort in rehab, we will never know. Some athletes can come back from those knee injuries as if they never skipped a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    actually did turn it on after Arthur(TheKidInside) got my attention on Facebook.. was watching Florida State play football mainly but did catch the last couple fights. Bellator has decent shows usually just wouldnt pay for a PPV. Not ashamed to say I like BFC either

Chandler vs Alvarez should be a FOTY candidate for sure! way better fight than Melendez/Sanchez imo
    Sanchez/Melendez really wasn't that good of a fight IMO. I'm not sure it would crack my top 20 UFC fight for 2013
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Sanchez/Melendez was a showing of unquestionable heart and determination. They are two entirely different fights and needn't be compared, in my mind at least.

Thread Information